Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on getting some 28 inch zillas don't know where to go with the 14 inch or 12 inch rim just so my silverbacks they were too heavy for my liking... will I need a clutch kit

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
? Any suggestions on sizes u guys prefer 12 or 14

·
Registered
312 Posts
JMO....I would stay with the 12" to reduce the power needed between the 2, I would also drop in a CK as well.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
They are heavier, they have more rubber/more sidewall, than the 14's. 14's make it more stable, and i just like the look of 14s. you'd be fine either way. The zillas are pretty light, i dont think you'd need a clutch kit. Im running 28" Bighorn 2.0s, and mine does just fine.

Reactions: HolopawUTV

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went ahead and picked up a set of Msa 14 inch wheels I'm 28 inches Zillas.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Viking are you running 14 or 12 are you in low gear all the time

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Im running 14" STI HD2's, and I run it in HIGH 99% of the time, only use low if going real slow or pulling a trailer. Does just fine running high for driving down the roads, etc.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for Viking just test drove my Viking and it's pulling these tires way easier than it did the Silverbacks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks viking just test Drove the Viking and it's pulling these tires wat easier than it did the Silverbacks

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Just ordered some 28 zillas last night, i'd been debating on 30s but after seeing yours I think 28s are gonna do me good. I did however order 11s all the way around, we'll see how that goes, the 9s always look so skinny to me.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Thatll look good and youll be able to rotate them. Wish i wouldve done 11s on all 4

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would have done 11" the whole way around too, if would have had the option to. I couldn't be any wider in the front where I ride.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What are the advantages and disadvantages of putting 11" all the way around? Buying 28" Zillas tomorrow and trying to decide between 9" on the front or 11" all the way around.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
What are the advantages and disadvantages of putting 11" all the way around? Buying 28" Zillas tomorrow and trying to decide between 9" on the front or 11" all the way around.
Carrying one spare tire that would match on all four corners for flats is one advantage

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have the 28" mega mayhems and it seems to do fine in high or low. I never drove it with the factory tires so I'm not sure how much power I lost. I know they are heavier than the zillas tho. I also have the msa 14" wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
You lost a good bit of low end with the mayhems and at least 8-10mph on the top end. Maybe more. I went from 27in roctanes to the 28in mayhems and could tell a huge difference. I could get 49mph with roctanes and only 42mph with mayhems

·
Registered
426 Posts
You lost a good bit of low end with the mayhems and at least 8-10mph on the top end. Maybe more. I went from 27in roctanes to the 28in mayhems and could tell a huge difference. I could get 49mph with roctanes and only 42mph with mayhems

Thanks for the info. I knew I would lose low end and some top. Didn't know it would be that much on top lol. Only had it 2 weeks not sure how fast it will go yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I highly recommend getting JBS sheeve and slug kit. Only had 100 miles on my mayhems and my wet clutch was showing some serious signs of wear. James said if i wouldntv got the kit i wouldve need a new wet clutch in a few hundred more miles. Plus you get all your power back and then some!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Quick question: I just received my new Zillas. Do they need to be balanced our just mounted on the wheel? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts