Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get the Yamaha soft top. I was thinking if getting it, but was looking for info on it. I like driving mine with the hard roof off and I think it looks better.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
I'm wondering if I should've got the soft top instead of the hard top. The soft top could've stayed on in winter then be taken off for summer, or taken on and off as required due to rain etc.

It would be nice if it fitted in the storage box, I'd say it would it looks pretty thin.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Maybe.. Because in the literature it says it has fiberglass re-inforcement bars, so I am not sure what that means. I would like to hear from someone that has one or has seen one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hard top may look better but the soft top is definitely easier to remove and I think that is the benefit that people are seeing in it here. I think that it depends on what the weather is like where you live. In a lot of warmer climates you can probably get by with the soft top. Harsher climates may want to go with the hard top.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMO hard top does look better it's what i would prefer to stick with over the soft top
It all depends on your riding. I don't ride in tropical rain. Most of my riding is on nice days and If I got caught in the rain, then I could put the soft one on. My buddy has a soft one on his RZR and he says it does not leak at all. The soft one follows the roll bar lines better, so it does NOT look so square.

Anyways, that was not what I was asking.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is from the accessories web site.

"Our 3-Seater Soft Sun Top is made of SurLast ® 70 all-weather, mildew- and fade-resistant fabric to help ensure long life and no-hassle protection from the elements. The included fiberglass support bars prevent water from pooling and also help minimize billowing and rattles. Weather-resistant straps allow you to install simply and quickly without tools."

The picture in black really looks good. Also it seems to come down on the front bar farther then the hard top.

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...ing-3-seater-soft-sun-top?b=Side+X+Side&d=2|2

Select the year, model and colour and you will see what I mean.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
You could probably use it without the fibreglass rods, although you may need the front one in to stop it from billowing back at speed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a soft Top on my prowler and it has been really great. For a hard roof was like 700 bucks I think at the time and the soft one was 95 bucks so I went with it. Doesn't leak, hasn't been punctured like I thought it would have been. Really surprising actually. While I prefer the hard top on the Viking, if I had bought the blue without anything, I wouldn't hesitate in getting a soft top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts