Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased three cammo seat covers (genuine Yamaha accessory) about three weeks ago, which were out of stock at the time, well one has turned up, but not the other two. They are sold separately not as a three pack. When I looked on the Yamaha website yesterday they have been removed and are no longer listed.

Does anyone know if these have been discontinued or what the story is, I'm not very happy if they are no longer available! The ones for the Rhino are still available, does anyone know if the seats are the same on the Rhino as the Viking, or if the Rhino seat covers will fit the Viking?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that sandbagger, might have to send that one back and wait for the new ones.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The seats are very different between a Rhino and the Viking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
post up some photos.
Do you have a Viking? Never remember you posting anything about it, or any pictures. Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Im thinking of the "new" seat covers when they get to you.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im thinking of the "new" seat covers when they get to you.
Oh ok, the one is in the shop waiting for me right now but I won't pick it up unless there are two more coming, all three are paid for and were quite expensive, about $150 US each.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the second seat cover has turned up but that's it, no more available.WTF Yamaha? What good are two seat covers on a three seater sxs? I'll send these ones back and hope that Yamaha bring out a new range soon like Sandbagger said.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah, no way id pay that much for 1 dang cover, wow, sooner or later, some aftermaret company will make some for alot less.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, no way id pay that much for 1 dang cover, wow, sooner or later, some aftermaret company will make some for alot less.
I hear what you're saying, they are way overpriced, although they are 5mm neoprene and quite good quality. I work seven days a week mostly so it is easier just to put up with the price pain and get them from new, then I can forget about it. And using the Viking mostly for work I really need thick strong seat covers that can handle screw drivers in back pockets, sunlight etc. And being in Australia no one will make them here and it will be hard for me to find after market ones in the US, unless someone kindly posts them up here! But yeah, way too expensive.

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am making my own seat covers for a fraction of the price. Check out the pics on my profile.
Wow they look great pyro, same cammo as the Yammy ones. How thick and durable is the material and what's it made out of if you don't mind me asking.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I had a seat cover on my 2010 Ranger 500, darn squirrels ate it...

·
Super Moderator
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For me my dogs like to jump onto the seats and I don't want their toe nails to tear the seats. Also I don't want to snag it from having things in my pockets like knives, screwdriver ect.
That reason plus they might help stop the sun from making the seats brittle and cracking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts