Viking Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fan is installed... have to burp the cooling system...

Did a bench test on SPAL fan.... sucker jumped up when I shot juice to it... that puppy will have no problem cooling the radiator...

Also there is no bleeder on this fan... completely sealed...

If you get the SPAL fan, check your old fan vs new fan bolt holes.... I had to take a burr bit and open the slots up a little to get bolts in... not sure if this is just a 2019 Viking thing or for all year models....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Filled radiator, checked for air, all good, cranked it... fan came on worked like a charm... woot woot we are back on the trail... get to go to deer lease this week and run it around checking on things and filling feeders...

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
Also there is no bleeder on this fan... completely sealed...
I reckon it would have a waterproof breathable membrane as the vent, like I mentioned before. I think it has to have some sort of breather, Yamaha just went with a cheap tube.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Filled radiator, checked for air, all good, cranked it... fan came on worked like a charm... woot woot we are back on the trail... get to go to deer lease this week and run it around checking on things and filling feeders...
We've got a hunting thread on here somewhere. Post some pics of your vike and deer this season.

Reactions: Viking Poor

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I reckon it would have a waterproof breathable membrane as the vent, like I mentioned before. I think it has to have some sort of breather, Yamaha just went with a cheap tube.
Cactus,, I've talked to a couple of automotive guys here that have hi-end shops asked if a car electric fan is vented, they all said no vent, a sealed unit. We used totally sealed electric motors in our cryo-freezers, they have sealed motors in wash down units. I don't think a electric motor has to be vented at all. I need to ck a couple of friends buggies fans, one is a CanAm and the other a Honda.

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
Cactus,, I've talked to a couple of automotive guys here that have hi-end shops asked if a car electric fan is vented, they all said no vent, a sealed unit. We used totally sealed electric motors in our cryo-freezers, they have sealed motors in wash down units. I don't think a electric motor has to be vented at all. I need to ck a couple of friends buggies fans, one is a CanAm and the other a Honda.
I'm thinking off road electric fans only, but I could be wrong. I remember seeing it some time in the past I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Fan is running again. 99% sure the relay was bad. I ordered a replacement. The real test is when I go to plow poop highway with the old Denali Pro plow. If I don't overheat then I am OK.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts