Viking Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I tracked my fan breather up into the electrical bay as mentioned above, the vent hose is routed into the air intake snorkel and goes into the snorkel about 12 inches. Is this what you all started with and then moved it from there? Because I don’t see how it can get water in it from there.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Sport, Sounds like Yamaha has changed where they end the vent tube. On my 18 the tube just went up into the electrical area and was cut off, the end actually was pointing up. I thought about running the tube down into the air intake but just tied it above the intake and pointed down. Maybe this is Yamaha's cure for water in the fan motor, cannot see why it would not work out, time will tell.

·
Registered
361 Posts
my fan finally packed it in after 3.5 years,10,000 miles.i have been using wd-40 and tapping motor to keep it going,i also put a filter on the line this time

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Well you really got your ten cents worth out of that fan, when you get it off pry the motor case open to see what it looks like inside. Probably hung up a brush caused the failure.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
What is the easiest way to replace the fan? What has to come out first?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
On my 2018 it is real easy, put it on jack stands to make it easier. On the right side use a pair of vise grips to pinch off the coolant line remove it from the rad, remove the 4 bolts that hold the fan housing, unplug the wire lead, snake out the vent tube and slip the fan housing out the right side. You will loose a bit of coolant so make sure you have a pan under to catch it. Going back just reverse, add some coolant, on mine I didn't have to do the air bleed procedure.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Going back in make sure you connect the vent tube before you slide the unit in, the vent tube for the front diff goes down the fan cage and has a couple clips also the overflow for the rad surge tank.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Thanks. I was afraid I would have to pull a lot of stuff to get it out. I have a lot of work to do on my Mini first but the Viking will get a full maintenace after.
By the way the fan spins easily so maybe it is not the brushes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Outstanding Video!! Awesome thread.. great back and forth chat... you guys are outstanding!! I love my 2019 Viking as much as I do my 2017 Kodiak, & 2008 Rhino... my fan on the Viking decided to retire this past weekend, I am replacing the oem with either the Hunterworks or SPAL HO fan...

·
Registered
23 Posts
The fan from Hunterworks came in... it’s actually a SPAL... will be installing today 🤙🏻

41 - 60 of 74 Posts