Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with my yamaha dealer and they told me yamaha is announcing there new products on Thursday. And are expecting a new sxs, they don't know if it is going to be another utility maybe a 4 or 5 seater, or a sport sxs to compete with the rzr and wildcat. Just keep your eyes open on Yamaha's website. I'm sure there will be a lot of chatter on thursday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thanks, but does me no good, since i just got the Viking few months ago..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wouldn't it be a bit surprising to have Yamaha release another SxS utility vehicle since the Viking is still so new? My guess is that its a sport SxS. That would be a nice compliment to the Viking.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just excited to see what comes next, I wont be in a position to go buy the first one either. Yamaha is supposed to have a new sxs every year for 5 years starting with the viking. I remember when the Viking was announced and I said to myself I gotta have one

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Here's my thinking:

#1 Crew Model

#2 Sport model with new vtwin motor, then next year they'll put that motor in the Viking....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Although I know the segment is too new for Yamaha to of made any significant action, I'd love to see them do a single seater to go up against Polaris' new sportsman ACE...

But if I had to wager on it I'd say the machine is going to be a pure recreational machine. I have my doubts about an RZR type machine just because sales of those make up something like less than 30% of the market...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
speaking of the ace, did you guys see this youtube video of the guy who rolled his in the first 30 seconds of riding. he is crying about how it does not handle a roll that well, duh! and then at the end of the video he says its not that bad LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
in the end the guy says "the ace doesn't do donuts"....what IRS equipped machine does donuts very well? geez! I could have told him that! LOL!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL I laugh every time I watch it

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
that is funny.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
heres your sign

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
should have seen the Polaris sign outside the dealer, and RAN AWAY!!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hahaha ...idiot

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
The local dealer here is hearing the same rumors. They are expecting something similar...but something that would not compete against the 2014 Viking. His exact comment was... "either real fast or real big, like a 6 passenger."

You watch...it will be a snow machine :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
im leaning towards a crew more than anything, but we shall see!!!

Can you imagine driving around a Viking crew, be like driving a tour bus through the woods, lol.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm hoping it's something real fast, because I might be willing to sacrifice the street bike for something I can race every weekend

·
Registered
416 Posts
That guy is a moron. Dont handle rollovers well. No dip lol what machine does. I mean I know rzr's can take a tumble and keep goin. Which that ace will to. Wont do donuts lol pay attention to the dirt before you try. **** the Viking was doin em this weekend lol

1 - 20 of 71 Posts