Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I just ordered a set of over fenders off of Yamaha Parts House for 48$. No hardwear is included but I can get nuts and bolts a lot cheaper at my local hardwear store. Its way better than 175$.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow, I just ordered a set of over fenders off of Yamaha Parts House for 48$. No hardwear is included but I can get nuts and bolts a lot cheaper at my local hardwear store. Its way better than 175.
Nice wats the part number?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
WoW, thats an amazing deal!!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I looked them up, and it would be $70.30 shipped + the nuts & bolts locally, which are not to cheap for all you need. But still better than $175. If i thought they would make a huge difference, id get them, but id rather have some that stuck out 2" or so.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front Left 1XP-F1551-00-00
Front Right 1XP-F1555-00-00
Rear Left 1XP-F1559-00-00
Rear Right 1XP-F1560-00-00

They probably wont help out much to keep you clean but there isn't too many mods you can do for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you look them up on Yamaha Parts House.com the fronts are $11.67 each and the rears are $12.40 each. You have to look at the parts for the SE model. The over fenders come standard on that one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
that has to be a kit that they ordered and customer backed out. No way they can sell more then one of those at that price.... Just saying...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is not the kit, this is the four fender flares priced out from the SE model. The kit comes with the mounting hardware, whict they are charging over $100 for wich is rediculous.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Front Left 1XP-F1551-00-00
Front Right 1XP-F1555-00-00
Rear Left 1XP-F1559-00-00
Rear Right 1XP-F1560-00-00

They probably wont help out much to keep you clean but there isn't too many mods you can do for 50 bucks.
Thanks man nice find

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good Deal, but the stainless steel bolt that you will need are about 100.00 bucks by the time you are done. The hardware is where the money is not the fenders.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just ordered a set. Can't beat them for $48. I have lots of new hardware in the garage. Why does it need to be stainless steel? I'm sure regular hardware will work just fine. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just ordered a set. Can't beat them for $48. I have lots of new hardware in the garage. Why does it need to be stainless steel? I'm sure regular hardware will work just fine. Thanks for the heads up.
stainless steel so it doesn't rust

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You dont have to use stainless hardware. Zink plated will last for year befor rusting. There is not 1 piece of stainless hardware on the viking anyway!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got my overfenders from ups yesterday and installed them last night. The fit is good and they look nice. Not sure they would have been worth $170 but for $48 awesome deal. To me they break up the red nicely. I'm not sure they do anything besides looks but that's why I bought them. Thanks guys for posting and giving me the heads up on this deal.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
$23 for shipping for me.. makes em $71

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used 1/4 20 pan head bolts. 3/4 inch long with nylon lock nuts on the back side. It worked out pretty good.

Reactions: Reignman

·
Registered
312 Posts
Post a pic if you don't mind?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry, it's not a very good close up.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts