Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Viking before Christmas, a part of my purchase was some accessories like a gun boot, lights, front grill guard and light guards. I still have not gotten these items nor can they tell me when I will.
When I got my Viking I drove it 1 1/2 miles and ran out of gas. I had to walk through the snow to get gas, walk back with the gas and during the process lost my gas cap in the snow.
On Monday I called the Dealer and was told that they do not put gas in the units before they deliver them. The delivery report that the Dealer and I signed states that the tank is full. The dealer said he would replace the cap. About 2 weeks later I called and the owner (my salesman) would not talk to me but switched me over to a parts person. He did not know or could not tell me when my parts would come in. I asked him if he could get these from another dealer and he said nobody has them and Yamaha cannot fill the back orders. He did say he would send me a gas cap. Mail must really be slow because it's been a month and I still have not seen it.
I filled out the survey that Yamaha sent me and discussed everything I've described here and I still have not gotten any satisfaction. What's the purpose of the survey? I only have 6 miles on the unit and wish I would have bought something else. Just a terrible experience.
Everything I purchased had to be paid for that day and now they sit with my money since before Christmas. This has been a nightmare of a purchase for me and I would suggest anyone looking to buy a unit let alone from this dealer to please contact me first.
The dealers name is ANTIGO YAMAHA in ANTIGO, WI.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
BUMMER you are going through this. There is a customer service number on the Yamaha website...I would give them a call.

Accessories...I think someone has dropped the ball here BIG TIME! I've ordered several things in the last couple of weeks. Never had to wait more than 5 or 6 days for ANYTHING. You have every right to be PISSED OFF!

As far as running out of gas....um, gas gauge? Sorry had to throw that in there :D

I know you mentioned you wish you had never purchased it...but it sounds like you are unhappy with the dealership, not the machine itself. Hopefully this dealer will get their S**T together and come up with something for you so you can enjoy the new ride!

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the response, when I looked at the Guage it was blank so I figured it was full. Thinking that as you used gas it would register. My bad. I just figured when it says the tank is full, I assumed it's full. You know what they say about assuming. I have not used it enough to tell you whether I like it or not. Just a sour taste I guess. I'll try the number you suggested.
Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yamaha has been really slacking with the accessories for the Viking. Everyone has been experiencing painful waiting times.

·
Registered
854 Posts
From what I noticed in the past with other manufactures (non-ATV/UTV) is that some have accessories ready to roll even before the release. Probably the best thing to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the Dealership and asked for Joe the owner (my salesman) once again a parts person got on the phone and did not know anything about what's going on. He said he would check into this with the owner and call me right back. That was at 11:45 this morning. No call back.
I just now called the Customer Service number at Yamaha as suggested. They said they would check into this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey danr, make sure and.post your real and separate observations about the unit once you get a ride on that horse....dont blame the viking cause you got a blister from the saddle. bastards! wish you a quick recovery from.that crappy dealer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey danr, make sure and.post your real and separate observations about the unit once you get a ride on that horse....dont blame the viking cause you got a blister from the saddle. bastards! wish you a quick recovery from.that crappy dealer
I did quite a bit of research before I bought the Viking and liked everything about it. Seems like a really nice unit. Although I haven't put much time on it. It really seems to go through the snow well and seems to have plenty of power.
I think the only thing I dislike about the Viking and my wife noticed it to was it seems loud. I suppose it's a matter of getting use to it. The interior has lots of room and so does the cargo area. Starts good, shifts good and all the controls are handy. The one thing I noticed right off was the steering. This I really like. I'm sure once I put the dealership matter behind me, I'll love the unit.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
It is loud, can't hold a conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dan R
Sorry this happened to you. My dealer is a small mom/pop operation and the salesman/manager flinched a little when told him my acc needs. Took a short time to get my stuff also. When I picked up the Christmas Vike it had aboot 1/2 tank of gas. Topped it off on the the way home. Missed first big snow here because of delay. Seems like even the mega dealers are flinching over extras and parts. Surely things will look up for you. Haven't filled out my survey yet...........

Grazzly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is everyone using for a rear window. The only thing I see available is the plastic one. Not sure I want that type.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I've got the Yamaha window, really nice for under $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Dan R - I too was the recipiant(sp) of the no-gas show. Worked my saleman over a little about it, "your telling me I just spent $$$$$ with you guy's and that doesn't even include a full tank!"

Dealerships vary from one to another, the product however is what you bought. I have a little over 200 hrs on mine and love it! I'm not suprised at the after market parts being slow to purchase, you have to stop and think about it a little. First, the unveiling of the unit was late 13". Now you ( engineer's for AM Parts) had to purchase one, which took some time as well. I don't think Yamaha was ready for the customer demand that they experienced right from the get-go. Next, the engineers have to design and prove their products. In bussiness there's nothing worse than providing a product that is not up to standards, that'll sink you faster than skiing with concrete shoes on in the AM world. In addition, they ( engineers) have to figure out the most efficent way to produce the product and meet customer demands. I live in this world and it can be a pain in the Azz to hold back and prove the product instead of just getting it on the market just to say you have it.

I went through the same thing when Kawasaki came out with it's Brute Force 750i. It took 6-8 months just to get a slip-on aftermarket exhaust, a year latter they had developed a system from the head's back and true dual exhaust for the same price as the initial slip-on? So enjoy your product, report your issue's with your dealer to Yamaha, which I can promise they will " Address" the situation.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Just curious, but what accessories are you guys having problems getting?

I'm just wondering if it's a dealer problem or a supply problem (both?) The reason I ask is because, when I bought mine, I went to the parts counter and gave them a list of accessories....and they seem to think I could have everything I wanted within a week. So far I have received the front window, the bed mat, the cargo box and the accessory mounting attachment for the bed. I was going to get the front bumper, but decided to wait to see what the Aftermarket came up with. I was also told the rear LED light's were easily available.

·
Registered
963 Posts
that sucks, i hope you get everything straightened out and start to enjoy your machine. I love mine and have had nothing but a great experience with my dealership, (YAMAHA OF WARREN) in warren ohio, they got me the viking i wanted and everything i ever ask them for they have had in stock, (including winch mount, winch, radio, and windshield) try not to let those guys ruin the ownership experience of your great machine.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just curious, but what accessories are you guys having problems getting?

I'm just wondering if it's a dealer problem or a supply problem (both?) The reason I ask is because, when I bought mine, I went to the parts counter and gave them a list of accessories....and they seem to think I could have everything I wanted within a week. So far I have received the front window, the bed mat, the cargo box and the accessory mounting attachment for the bed. I was going to get the front bumper, but decided to wait to see what the Aftermarket came up with. I was also told the rear LED light's were easily available.
Case and point :http://www.vikingforum.org/forum/ya...61-kolpin-rear-window-oem-cargo-box-fail.html

Too big of a hurry to monopolize the market!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
UM...what does that have to do with the OEM dealer stuff? Ordered the box...received the box...box works fine.

·
Registered
312 Posts
UM...what does that have to do with the OEM dealer stuff? Ordered the box...received the box...box works fine.
hmmmm...really?

"Kolpin rear window and OEM cargo box...fail"

Go back and read my post about getting in a hurry to get " Something" on the market. I was mainly expressing that opinion to AM parts, however, look's like OEM maybe having some issue's to when trying to combine the two?

"As stated in my previous post, I was concerned about the fit when combining the OEM cargo box and the Kolpin rear panel/window. I received my Kolpin panel yesterday and gave it a try. In short...it isn't even close to working :( "

1 - 20 of 33 Posts