Viking Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
What ever that fuse is protecting is probably the defective part, and the fuel pump is the likely culprit. Do you have a service manual or a fuse diagram in the owners manual? The only other thing that comes to mind would be a short in the wiring like a pinched wire in that circuit.

· Registered
25 Posts
Are these any symptoms of When fuel pump is on its way out? I pulled all plastics doesn't seem like any exposed wires or non factory pinch in wiring. Can I pull fuel pump and clean it? I saw somewhere on here if fuel pump get dirt or debris in pickup it can cause excessive amperage and blow fuse. Is this true?

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
Probably is true if others have had that issue and fixed it by doing that. Personally I can’t say because I have never had a issue with mine so I haven’t taken it apart.

· Registered
11 Posts
I replaced the fuel pump twice in my poorlaris ranger. First time was factory part - u deer warranty.
Second time was cheap eBay $40ish dollar part.

I would pull a search for Yami Viking fuel pumps. if they are anything like the Polaris it’s a very generic pump, could be bought at autoparts if you knew how to match it up spec wise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
jon333ak, hopefully you get a response, but I suggest you start your own thread with all of the specific issues and things you have tried, may get better results.
And welcome to the forum.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts