Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in my Moose folding windshield for my Viking. It is a nice unit and fits well to the hood. It does seem a little short in distance to the roof. How close to the roof does the Yamaha windshield come?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just got in my Moose folding windshield for my Viking. It is a nice unit and fits well to the hood. It does seem a little short in distance to the roof. How close to the roof does the Yamaha windshield come?
I'd estimate 2-3 inches shy of the top. I'v got the yamaha windshield and it works great, but it is short of the top by a few inches. When I plow snow with a strong headwind some snow will blow up over the top of the windshield and back into the cab.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
My utv hq windshield is about the same as above

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds about the same as what I have. The pictures of the Yamaha windshield looks like it went closer to the top.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I haven't seen a "Moose" folding windshield for the Viking. Where did you get it...do you have a link?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was just released. I have a small shop and a Parts Unlimited dealer.

This is the part # 2317-0177

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
It was just released. I have a small shop and a Parts Unlimited dealer.

This is the part # 2317-0177
I tried pulling up that number and nothing comes up. Can you please post some photos?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Thanks!

I see what you mean, as far as the gap between the top of the window and the roof. I'm pretty sure the OEM window goes a bit higher than that? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I do like the fact that there is a sealer at the bottom. Again correct me if I wrong, but I don't think the Yamaha one comes with a seal?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
fm pretty sure my UTV HQ windshield goes higher than that, and it has a seal at the bottom too.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
check out my avatar, or go to my photo album for a closer view.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I seen a guy make his own over on the Vikingforum.net site, looked pretty good.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts