Viking Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can order the clamps that are used on the Yamaha Factory roof and fold down windshield to hook them onto the bars of the Viking? I have had one break and the screw come out of a couple of the others and would like to order some replacements. My local Yamaha dealer couldn't find them to order. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Good Luck! I had a similar problem and lost part of one of the clamps. Luckily, my dealer just ordered in a new windshield, gave me the parts I needed off it, and then said he was going to return it.

If you do figure out how/where to get the parts, please post the info here. I would certainly order some spares because they are not easy to come by.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What country are you in? I was able to order all the brackets online from a Yamaha parts outlet. This was before I discovered the OEM roof comes with all necessary hardware.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually live in Georgia, not far from Newnan where the Vikings are assembled. I have looked everywhere and can't find the brackets. Do you by chance have a website that you ordered your from? I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info - I have been looking everywhere for these. Is the clamp that opens and closes to allow the windshield and roof to be removed easily 1XP-F481H-00-00? It appears to be the only clamp in the diagram capable of opening and closing. Also, do you know if that is the entire clamp with all of the pieces, or will I need to order the damper, bolt and flange separately? Sorry for all of the questions but want to make sure I order the correct thing.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That is not a windshield clamp. That is a clamp for the roof to the roll cage. You need something different. I haven't been able to find a number for those clamps anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The clamps for my windshield and roof seem to be the same clamps. They are the quick open/close kind. The clamps for the roof shown in the diagram at the link seem to be more permanent clamps.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have the permanent roof clamps.....

Again, if you do get a part number please post back here......

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have the permanent roof clamps.....

Again, if you do get a part number please post back here......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any updates on the quick release roof clamps? I am looking for them too. I know they come on the Viking 6 as another person sent me a picture if 1.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
414 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
This thread is 4 years old. Are the yamaha clamps on back order? here is a link to some being sold on Amazon...
I looked at those clamps as well on Amazon...
Comparing them to what I have now, not sure they are going to work. The spacing between the screw holes on the permanent clamps are too far apart... The pic I posted in my previous post is from a 2020 Viking VI EPS. The parts diagram doesn't even show the clamps....
Here is a pic of the permanent clamps from my 2015 Viking 3 EPS...

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
414 Posts
Everything I find for a Viking IV EPS shows that model does not come with a hard top roof, and only a soft top is available as an accessory. The hard top roofs for any other Viking parts catalogs only show the clamps like you have. So that leads me to believe that whoever sent you that picture is using a aftermarket clamp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's what I thought as well. However, when I read the advert for the VI top...
2PG-K84A0-V0-00
VIKING VI(2017, 2016, 2015)
VIKING VI EPS(2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015)
VIKING VI EPS RANCH(2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016)
VIKING VI EPS SE(2016, 2015)

This durable sun top is designed to withstand the harshest conditions and protects passengers from sun, rain, branches, and other brush.
  • Constructed of durable polypropylene
  • Quick-release clamps make the sun top easy to take on and off
  • Drain channel at front lip helps rain water runoff; keeping passengers dry
  • Compatible with other Viking VI accessories
  • Two piece
Product Details (shopyamaha.com)

I sent an email to Yamaha. If they answer, I will post back here for everyone else...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want to be able to take my hardtop off and put it back on at will...
Going to look at fabricating something that might work using those clamps Sport4x4 posted earlier. 🤞

1 - 16 of 16 Posts