Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Yamaha Viking has a hole blown through the block, a big one, I don't know what all damaga it done in the interior, the guy I bought it from got it into to deep of water. I have been trying to find someone to fix it, without me having to take it to the dealership, but that I may not be able to do. It is a very nice looking bike, besides the bad motor I hate to just let it got to waste but I'm upside down on this thing now for $3,750 and I hate to just let it sit. Anyway, there is a guy near me that has a 2007 700 Grizzly, the motor on it will need the topend rebuilt, so there's the expense in that, but at least the rest of the motor should be good I would think. Would it be worth buying the Grizzly and trying to switch out the motor?

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
You'll need crank, conrod, piston, sleeve, both case halves, balancer, plus whatever else is damaged. Crank might be ok. I'd be doing that before trying to swap a damaged Grizzly motor, at least you'll have a new Viking motor that way. Either way you have to pull the motor out. But I've got no idea if the Grizzly would be an easy swap.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
Is the Grizzly motor a 686cc? A 2007 Grizzly 700 probably is a 686. If it is it probably would fit. You may have to put the Viking CVT on the Grizzly motor if they are different for the added weight of the Viking.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
Reactions: cactus
1 - 6 of 6 Posts