Viking Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I maybe getting my viking finally on Tuesday.

I have a 8x40 enclosed trailer.

It has some semi-permanent shelving on both sides the shelving starts at 50" and reduces my cargo width to 56" .

Question:

Do I have to remove the shelving?

Since I have 50" of clearing was hoping it would just slide under and no worries. Like the cage and stuff is not as wide? Still maybe too tight to get in and out.

y'all the ones with them already...what do you think?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh yeah you will. Viking is basically same width within probably a few inches all the way to the top. At its widest right at 62 inches and 77 inches tall. You could just take one side of your selves out. That would give you what about 76 inches then. So it’ll give you about 14 inches to play with for you to get out of the Viking and out of the trailer. Guessing all that by the measurements your giving and possibly 20in deep shelves on both sides? Am I figuring that right? Either way you’ll need no less than 62in wide and 77in to the top. But you’d have to push it in and pull it out.
VIKINGS ARE BAD TO THE BONE!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate to admit what I did to get mine to fit in a 6x12 standard height door
Widened door frame just enough and put on stock wheels with no tires. Winch and adjust Yes it is a pain and yes I will figure out something better. Just know you are fortunate your options are not so bad

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took one side down and left half the other...pulled viking in where shelf even with steering wheel. Perfect for the downs and room to exit. Got her home last night.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Just like Cactus's GPS system, pics or didn’t happen.

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just like Cactus's GPS system, pics or didn’t happen.
Understood!

Here it is done.us crappy pics but should get point. The shelf you see left was extended on both sides...worked out pretty well...gonna cap it off and leave it for storage. Should be building a bed and cabinets in next couple weeks against front (cabinets) and under shelf (bed)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Give us a photo from the back with the Vike loaded up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts