Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my VI for about a month now and loving it! I want to add some side mirrors but need some recommendations on what you guys like and don't like. Thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Think most guys are running the Seizmik,I went with a set of Bad Dawg about 50 bucks for the set and so far no complaints ,.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also did the Bad Dog mirrors and have had no complaints of issues so far great snag for the price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Seizmik here

I blame Rob and James for making me need new tires & safety harnesses.
Sent from the top of Poop Mountain

·
Registered
136 Posts
Where I ride, side mirrors would get hit by brush ALOT! Do those of you that have them find this to be a problem? I would anticipate that they would frequently need to be re-adjusted. I would love to have them but I am doubtful that they would offer much utility if they are pointed in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the Seizmik but one of them broke before it even got hit with brush. However they have a lifetime warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, going to look into both of them!

·
Registered
624 Posts
The cheapest that Amazon had......perfect!

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
My rear-view mirror was a waste of effort. But I like my back-up assist camera mounted to the back of my roof (6" monitor where the mirror would go). I see what's behind me now.

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
My rear-view mirror was a waste of effort. But I like my back-up assist camera mounted to the back of my roof (6" monitor where the mirror would go). I see what's behind me now.
Mr Skrillz makes a good point. You can get a relay pigtail, backup lights and a backup camera for less than mirrors on Amazon and it is awesome.

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
477 Posts
I got the Seizmik but one of them broke before it even got hit with brush. However they have a lifetime warranty

hmmm didnt pay any attention to the warranty part, I will have to check that out.....I think thats the mirrors i have, got them from SuperATV around $50 or so. Mine were fine until a metal T post took the passenger side mirror off there may have been a good bit of Busch Light involved that night

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Seizmik side mirrors here.

Yea, they do fold in when in tight brush, but it's not a big deal to push 'em back out. I'd rather have them do that than break..

·
Registered
76 Posts
I mounted my Seizmik mirrors inside the cab for 3 reasons:

- I wanted to have my cake and eat it too. I had to choose between my Seizmik doors or mirrors as one interferes with the other unless mounted inside
- No worries about branches and adjustment getting issues from impacts
- Less wind resistance

Seizmik has great customer service btw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just received my Seizmik from Amazon. Price was right and I'm happy with the quality and look. I'm not sure if they are in their final position but with some seat time I'm sure to get it sorted out.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I mounted my Seizmik mirrors inside the cab for 3 reasons:

- I wanted to have my cake and eat it too. I had to choose between my Seizmik doors or mirrors as one interferes with the other unless mounted inside

Seizmik has great customer service btw.

Just thought I would point out, the Seizmik doors have a spot to mount their mirrors on the outside.

Also, I agree, their service is great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mr Skrillz makes a good point. You can get a relay pigtail, backup lights and a backup camera for less than mirrors on Amazon and it is awesome.

Do you have any photos of the set up?
What is needed to do the set up and where can you purchase the equipment?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Do you have any photos of the set up?
What is needed to do the set up and where can you purchase the equipment?

Ready?

Bought a cheapo back up camera on Amazon (Pyle Cam-7" Monitor). Mounted the camera to the back of the roof.

You will need a mount to hold the screen where the rearview mirror would be. I ordered the Ram Mount X-Grip.

It's a low volt deal. Just find a power source and follow the instructions that come with the camera.

Impressive, yes?

·
Super Moderator
4,135 Posts
^^^^^Noice! Good to see this install wasn't dodgy!!!

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Ready?

Bought a cheapo back up camera on Amazon (Pyle Cam-7" Monitor). Mounted the camera to the back of the roof.

You will need a mount to hold the screen where the rearview mirror would be. I ordered the Ram Mount X-Grip.

It's a low volt deal. Just find a power source and follow the instructions that come with the camera.

Impressive, yes?

Does it come on automatically in reverse?

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Does it come on automatically in reverse?

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle
No. I bypassed the reverse wiring rules. I can't remember what I did, but it wasn't difficult.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts