Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually when I sell stuff I cant wait to see it go. Today was different. Today I watched my 2008 Yamaha Nytro snowmobile drive away on a trailer. Its the most depressed ive ever been selling something. The fact is I barely rode it anymore because everyone else got out of it that I rode with and it just sat there. Good thing is I have more room in the garage and some more dough for accessories for the Viking!
So what says you guys? How do you feel when you sell stuff?

·
Registered
965 Posts
sometimes i'm happy because there is already a plan for what i'm going to get next, and other times i feel the way you do today. i guess it all depends on the situation. so take that money and go buy yourself something to make you feel better.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I just may do that. Ive had my eye on an enclosure and cab heater. It may be time to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Up until about 3 months ago, I havent been without a motorcycle since the age of 12... Im now 27... I traded in my last harley in order to get my viking (straight up trade).. I had never been more tore up over getting rid of a bike and not having another one to climb on in my life...but my wife and i just had our first kid 2 months ago and the viking was just more practical for our needs and we didnt ride much while she was pregnant either..but im enjoyin the buggy for now and hope i dont get to sick when i hear the first hog twist on the throttle past my house when the weather breaks...
Heres a pic of her..

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I think I just may do that. Ive had my eye on an enclosure and cab heater. It may be time to pull the trigger.

Enclosure
...do it

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Enclosure
...do it
For sure happening soon. Just got my side mirrors in the mail today so I have to set them up where I want them and give the measurements to the enclosure people. Cant wait. Its fricken COLD today in the western suburbs of Chicago. 5 degrees.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My prick boss is possibly backin out on a verbal contract we made to keep me employed this year. Been here for 5 yrs now. They keep sayin they wanna meet and talk, but for a week now they keep delayin. I say this cuz if they back out, I will hafta sell my Viking and move again. I will be pissed if I hafta sell it!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My prick boss is possibly backin out on a verbal contract we made to keep me employed this year. Been here for 5 yrs now. They keep sayin they wanna meet and talk, but for a week now they keep delayin. I say this cuz if they back out, I will hafta sell my Viking and move again. I will be pissed if I hafta sell it!
Wow, that really blows! I hope you don't get shafted like that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The bad thing is nytro, its not outta the realm of possibility for them. Way more to it than I can type ha, but it looks pretty clear it wont end good. I have money saved and all, but wouldn't need the extra payments til I got another job. I really don't wanna sell my Viking!

·
Registered
326 Posts
What kind of work do you do? If its a trade, jump across the border to Alberta! There is ALWAYS a job here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Crop duster by trade. I could get another job I believe. But would hafta move a few hundred miles, and its hard to carry extra payments and toys when ya dunno where ur headed ha.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you have a skilled trade there is plenty of jobs. North Dakota is also hungry for skilled workers in the oil industry.

·
Registered
326 Posts
been thinking about moving to alberta for a year now

are things still growing rapidly there?

Oh man. Things are crazy here. If you're a heavy duty mechanic, welder, electrician, plumber, framer, etc.....in Peace River you'll make 6 figures easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh man. Things are crazy here. If you're a heavy duty mechanic, welder, electrician, plumber, framer, etc.....in Peace River you'll make 6 figures easy.

wow great place for tradesman over there.

Don't mean to get off topic but isn't the air and surrounding the area bad die to the oil sand s pollution? How are you gusy dealing with that?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I touched on this earlier, and have since seen that I will most likely need to sell my Viking. If anybody knows anybody lookin, get back to me. Its still so new that I haven't even pulled the break in oil out. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Badger. Your off topic discussion is a very complicated and a real life concern for all of us. The worlds dependency on fossil fuels is definitely a 12 plus beer discussion in my opinion.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Badger. Your off topic discussion is a very complicated and a real life concern for all of us. The worlds dependency on fossil fuels is definitely a 12 plus beer discussion in my opinion.

12 beer wouldn't even get us through introductions! It would be a full weekend discussion. Maybe some of you guys should bring your Vikings up here and see for yourselves. I've lived here since 2005 and don't notice any air quality issues. Even when I'm fixing Cat machines on site at the Shell plant, I don't smell anything abnormal.

Flying51, if I hear of anybody I'll send them your way. Good luck man.

·
Registered
87 Posts
wow great place for tradesman over there.

Don't mean to get off topic but isn't the air and surrounding the area bad die to the oil sand s pollution? How are you gusy dealing with that?
We don't deal with it because it is not true. Misinformation to put it nicely, ( not your fault obviously). Take tech man up on his offer and go riding with him and you can go home and spread the word!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Offer always stands. Any time, any where.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts