Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I could satisfy myself and my Viking purchase by living with the stock wheels and tires. But you guys are killing me. Those larger tire and wheel packages just add so much to the look and function.

To help those of us who haven't settled on a new tire/wheel package, could we use this as a single picture thread of tires/wheels on your ride including manufacturer and size, ride quality so that those of use with wheel envy can see how they fit and look. Plus any comments on use and satisfaction/dissatisfaction would be appreciated.

I think this would be a lot easier to view thru one thread than having to look through each "tire" thread to see what the install looks like. Pictures, pictures, pictures!

(I would post a picture to start, but you all know what the stock wheels look like!)

Reactions: vixx

·
Registered
326 Posts
This is a great idea. I've got 29.5x12x12 Outlaws all around on ITP Beadlocks. You'll need a 2" lift. So far they ride great. Haven't had a chance to test how they work on a Viking in the mud due to snow but I'm sure they'll be ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: vixx and napzard

·
Registered
326 Posts
Bigger the cushion, better the pushin'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: napzard

·
Registered
57 Posts
Top is stock wheels with the 2" lift. Bottom 30 x 10 x 14's efx motoclaws. 14" MSA Kore M20 wheels.

They don't stick out much at all. Ride is a lot nicer than stock. Makes total height to the roof about 78.5" or so.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
First pic was right when i got it, second is with everything on it, Tires are 28" Bighorn 2.0s on 14" STI HD2 Black/Machined Finish, 5+2 offset, Not even close to rubbing, and i had no issues with center caps. The reallly like the Ride of the stock 2.0s so i just went bigger, and also from my understanding the ones made for Yamaha are only like 2-3 ply, whereas the ones you buy from Rocky Mtn ATV, etc, are 6 ply.

Attachments

Reactions: napzard

·
Registered
965 Posts
Here's mine before I bought it,

And here is my most recent pic, I'm running 27x12x12 mud hog tires on black itp delta steel wheels 5+2 offset in the front and 4+3 offset in the rear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These responses are just what I was looking for, and I'm sure they'll help others with their decisions as well.

I had to put a towel on top of my keyboard to catch the drool.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I bought them on eBay and had to order the wheels and center caps separately

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
12" ITP SS212's, w/5+2 off set , and 26.5 Pit bull Rocker tires.

For these wheels, the ITP caps are too shallow, so the place that sold them to me sent me some black STI HD caps (fit perfect) I also used black lugs.

Pit Bull Rockers: Very well reviewed...very-very smooth ride...8 ply rated...GREAT rim/bead protector...a little on the heavy side...run about 1/2 taller than callout. Running 9's on the front and 11's on the rear.

View attachment 5473

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tech-Man, what is your wheel offset? And how much room do you have at full wheel turn between tire and fender? I also have a 2 inch lift and want to run 30's.
Offset is 5+2 all the way around. At full compression and the wheels at full lock....about an inch. I've never rubbed yet. And I've been through some off camber stuff to make it flex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's mine before I bought it,

And here is my most recent pic, I'm running 27x12x12 mud hog tires on black itp delta steel wheels 5+2 offset in the front and 4+3 offset in the rear

Congrats on your March "Viking of the Month" win over on the other .net forum! :cool:cool:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts