Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
That noise right there is that horribly designed torque limiting drive shaft. The front drive shaft is a press fit two piece unit. It is made to slip if "excess" torque is put on front end. Ive already had to have mine replaced. Took 2 months to get it in. I am not happy with this design at all. My new one has slipped as well already. And that is without romping on it. After warranty is out mine is getting welded solid.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like these Vikings need a beefier front diff so that there would be no need for the sh!tty torque limiting driveshaft:mad:. This vid is kinda sickening, so a Viking can't back out of a mud hole with out the driveshaft failing:(

·
Registered
180 Posts
That noise right there is that horribly designed torque limiting drive shaft. The front drive shaft is a press fit two piece unit. It is made to slip if "excess" torque is put on front end. Ive already had to have mine replaced. Took 2 months to get it in. I am not happy with this design at all. My new one has slipped as well already. And that is without romping on it. After warranty is out mine is getting welded solid.

Do you know the part number of the piece they replaced? I look at the microfiche but was not sure what part it was.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like these Vikings need a beefier front diff so that there would be no need for the sh!tty torque limiting driveshaft:mad:. This vid is kinda sickening, so a Viking can't back out of a mud hole with out the driveshaft failing:(
That there is not cool at all. :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
I cant remember the part number. Ill have to look it up and get back to ya. Mine slipped two weeks ago trying to back up a dry hill.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I cant remember the part number. Ill have to look it up and get back to ya. Mine slipped two weeks ago trying to back up a dry hill.

. Wow, that REALLY, REALLY stinks:mad: Did the Rhino suffer this same problem? How about some of the other makes also? Know wonder Vikings came with little wheels/tires.

·
Registered
416 Posts
This is my first Yamaha as all our other stuff is Polaris. It is a bummer to have to worry bout the dang thing every time its in 4wd.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Did the Rhino have the same shaft? Just wondering because I drove my rhino HARD and never had a problem with its shafts. Thinking we shouldn't get too excited as this may be few incidents apposed to how many are out there. I agree it sucks for those that's it's happened too but I know it won't let me back off the throttle. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
They have same shafts. But they are not near as long as the vikings. I started lookin into rhino and they have slipped just not alot. I really think this will be an issue. I dont back off the throttle either. I didn't buy to pussyfoot around. I run with rzr's so I gotta really work to keep up with em.

·
Registered
326 Posts
They have same shafts. But they are not near as long as the vikings. I started lookin into rhino and they have slipped just not alot. I really think this will be an issue. I dont back off the throttle either. I didn't buy to pussyfoot around. I run with rzr's so I gotta really work to keep up with em.

Thata boy. Sounds like we'd make a good team. I run with Can Am quads and Razrs. Always into the throttle hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yep! I know these aren't sport machines and all that stuff, but I am a big dude and needed a big cab. Im 6'8" @ 350 lol. I have put the Viking through pretty much everything the rzrs do. Except where I wont fit lol.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts

So....once they slip, or you here that, do they need to be replaced?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
When this has happened to you, are you in diff lock or limited slip? Does it make any difference? I'm scared to death to use mine :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I dont use my Viking to hard, nor do i have hills to climb up or down, but if I got the 4yr warranty, glad i did, just incase..

1 - 20 of 75 Posts