Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure I haven't bought my Viking or anything yet, but I am already imagining what modifications I will make to it once it is sitting in my garage. First thing for me will be getting some new wheels/tires. Ones that are a little bigger.

What are you guys planning on tinkering with once you get your Viking?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just going to get use to it and learn how to master it. Look into fitting some sort of gun rack. But there aren't many accessories out right now. I would like some attachments like a plow in the front

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Already did tires & wheels, that was my biggest mods i wanted, the rest is in my sig, waiting for Yamaha to get off there butts, and get the stuff out.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ive got a list lol. Already did tires And wheels. Wantin to make it run better with an exhaust And power commander once available. I also would like clutching Work done. Definately gonna have to lengthen the travel on the shocks. need more than 8.1"

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tires and wheels seem like the go-to. Other than that I think I am going to just be inspired by the parts once Yamaha releases more aftermarket parts for the Viking.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I did get some grab handles also

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tires and wheels on ATV/UTVs are kind of funny... there's not much else on the mod spectrum that can simultaneously increase and decrease performance so much. Keep it light and get a tread pattern for what you actually ride, not what you think you ride. :cool:

My first mods will be suspension related.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not a bad idea to pawn off the stock ones since they will have little mileage on them ;)

How much do tires of this size usually go for does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
i sold my stock tires/wheels couple days ago for $250

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
i bought a cover for it on eBay the other day, to keep the dust, rain, CATS, etc out and off my Viking. Its make for a Polaris Ranger crew, so fits the Viking very nice IMO.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i bought a cover for it on eBay the other day, to keep the dust, rain, CATS, etc out and off my Viking. Its make for a Polaris Ranger crew, so fits the Viking very nice IMO.
So the cover for the Polaris Ranger fits nicely on the Viking? Do they not make a cover that is specifically for the Viking?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Stock bh 2.0s go for 114-120 each

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
yeah, I may go with some HIDs when a kit comes out for the Viking

And whenever Yamaha gets the accessories rolling, and i get the Brush Guard in, i would like to get a small LED light bar to mount on the guard, if that wont work, just get 2 LED 4" lights or something like that. The LED lights are alot brighter than HIDs. I had both on my 2010 Ranger 500, and rarely lused the HID headlights, cause the 2 4" LED lights i had where MUCH brighter.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts