Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to move into more of a truck tire for my viking Vi. I cant go bigger than 26 or it wont fit in my garage. Whats are your guys and gals recommendations? I want them to all be the same size so I can order a spare, but also know that a set of spacers is going to be needed so it doesn't look retarded. I have know idea where to start on this purchase and don't want to be replacing tires again after 5 months. Most of my riding is hard pack or asphalt and I do use it a decent amount to push snow in the winter. Thanks

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I would say to go search for DOT approved tires. For example if you look at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC they have a great filtering system for tires. If I select UTV & 26" & DOT I get these as options:
  • Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire
  • GBC Kanati Mongrel Radial Tire
  • ITP Terra Hook Radial Tire
  • Kenda Mastodon HT Radial Tire
The first two LOOK like truck tires. Good Luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree with Badmonkey with 8ply radials. I put 27” Swamplites on my Viking (6ply bias) They were great for a few hundred miles, then wore down like crazy. SxSs are a lot heavier then Atvs and 8ply radials are the way too go. Especially the terrain your riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
What they said! Lol. To give you some idea this is what Iv got. First I don’t know the height difference in a 6 vs a 3 seater. My garage opening height is 80 1/2”. My Vik after lift and 28” tires is around 78” now. Can’t remember Iv slept since then. Tho that is close Iv yet been even able to pull mine into my garage to see how close. Measure for measure it looks like it will fit. Lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Now with that being said if I go the same size tire all the way around will I need to get spacers for the rears for an even looking stance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts