Viking Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pre order a Viking vi. I‘m going to use it around my farm and a lot for hauling wood. I live in Kentucky so there‘s a lot of steep hills. I’m not worried about going 40-50 mph, but I just want to be able to haul heavy things up steep and sometimes muddy hills. So I’m wondering what improvements I could do. Any suggestions would be much appreciate.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
715 Posts
You probably will find it is very capable of doing all that without doing anything. Get it, use it for awhile breaking it in then decide. After you get it broken in you will have a better idea what might suit your needs.

Reactions: BadM0nkey

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
Nice buy! The advice above is spot on, however a slug kit in your wet clutch may help you. Make sure that you use low range all he time. Chunkier tires may help on the muddy hill climbs too. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
So generally as long as you don't overload you should be able to get anywhere with the stock setup. It would be interesting to see the difference if you loaded the rear passenger compartment vs. the bed with the same amount of wood. I'd bet that it would handle and climb better with the weight more forward. A slug kit will help you engage earlier so if you are going very slowly it will help, but it is a lot of work unless you are doing something else too.

The stock tires are pretty good but when you want to replace them you should go for something that is not too heavy and not too big. 27's would give you an extra inch of clearance but not be overly burdensome when you are driving uphill with a load.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts