Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mostly haul gear but this last weekend I did not have enough room in the toy hauler for my sons rapter 50 so with a little bit of muscle power I was able to get it in the bed of the Viking. It fits perfectly didn't need to use tie downs.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Horse poop, lots of horse poop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
I moved our boat dock sections by putting them on the bed. Worked great. Also miles of snowmobile trail signs. Dirt, sand, bushes I pulled out. I also loaded up our 18ft pool and brought it out from basement to back yard. Its uses are endless! Things awesome!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Besides beer. Chains, medical kit, chainsaw, tire plugs, portable compressor, slings/rope, 3/4 comealong, hand tools and about get my dull tire setup done. But Beer is #1!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I second whitewind. although ive only put 50 miles on my sxs so far the only thing that ive hauled is a cooler full of bud light, i must say it does the job very well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I mostly haul gear but this last weekend I did not have enough room in the toy hauler for my sons rapter 50 so with a little bit of muscle power I was able to get it in the bed of the Viking. It fits perfectly didn't need to use tie downs.
Awesome. That's a Yamaha commercial if I've ever seen one.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Wood, hay, manure, tools, equipment, kids around the property. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I tried to do that with my sons Raptor 80 and its about 3" to big.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
agentzoey: thats good to know my son is about ready to move up in the cc category. Guess it will have to go in the bed of the truck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hauled alot of wood this last weekend with the Viking and it is nice to be able to stack to rows in the bed at least when its cut to the right lengths. I do wish that the middle headrest was somehow adjustable so the cargo wouldnt hit it when stacked high.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I do wish that the middle headrest was somehow adjustable so the cargo wouldnt hit it when stacked high.
It's removable with the help of a wrench or two. I am not sure what the headrests are for but it must be a safety feature as my head has never touched them. Thinking about pulling them all out to gain some visibility and then building a rack with straight bars that you can see through on the front of the bed to keep cargo off my head.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's removable with the help of a wrench or two. I am not sure what the headrests are for but it must be a safety feature as my head has never touched them. Thinking about pulling them all out to gain some visibility and then building a rack with straight bars that you can see through on the front of the bed to keep cargo off my head.
That is a great idea ! I think I will take a look at it when I get home from work in a week and a half. The only people that ride in the center seat are my 8 year old boy or my dogs (who are more than happy sharing it with my son). and since the top of the back curtain window is to low I had to add an extension to my rear view mirror to see out of it. removing the middle head rest would definately improve the use of the mirror. Hopefully it doesnt add any real lateral structural integrity to the cage. If and when you do yours I would love to see pics of it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That is a great idea ! I think I will take a look at it when I get home from work in a week and a half.

Week and a half hmmmm sounds like the slope. I don't think if I was hauling kids around that I would remove the headrest. I am sure it's there for a safety feature. It's obviously not for comfort although if a guy was wearing a helmet(who really does in a utility utv)then your head may hit it. Heck I don't even have seatbelts at the moment as I pulled them for easier soundproofing installation. I will probably reinstall them but who knows.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree on the kid part. Maybe I could find a way to lower it of add a lower cross bar and mount the head rest to that ? definately goint to look into it though, and going to try doing the sound proofing tricks to. Yes you are correct sloper.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Mr. Smith just posted a thread with a chainsaw mounted on his Viking.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts