Viking Forum banner
5741 - 5753 of 5753 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,369 Posts
This is what happens when you have too much weight in a small trailer and the axle gets hung up on a big rock. Had to wade to shore with winch rope to wrap around tree. Love my big winch, she is purrty strong.
Water Motor vehicle Fluvial landforms of streams Vehicle Vegetation
Jeans Wheel Plant Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Nice to have the right tools for the job

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,369 Posts
It was refreshing, because I was very hot from cutting and splitting that red oak in humid 86 degree heat. New way to cool off LOL. The water kept the motor cool too, I left it running and the temp dropped to 120 and stayed there until I was out of the river. This was the 3rd trip with a load of oak. I did 2 more after this.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Today, I finally finished installing a new rad fan, and LED temp gauge.
I had to do it on the cheaper side, as shipping from the USA is ridiculous.
I found Rhino aluminum rad fan and shroud on Amazon for 52.00, temp gauge was 27.00 and hose adapter another 20.00.
So, for under 100, I shouldn't have any more rad fan problem.
Old one was so noisy compared to this one. Now I am thinking I should install a fan bypass switch so I can also turn it on manually , as the factory setting starts fan on around 94C.
Some modifications were needed to get the mounting bolts to fit correctly, had to reverse the electrical pins in the plug , it turned out pretty good. It was a breeze to remove once the tire and shock was removed.
Automotive tire Wood Floor Flooring Gas

Hood Automotive tire Tire Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part Rim

Gas Circle Metal Auto part Concrete

Wood Bumper Composite material Chemical compound Concrete

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Trunk

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Rim

Gas Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Auto part

Bottle Liquid Drinkware Window Glass bottle

Networking cables Cable Data transfer cable Electrical wiring Wire

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,369 Posts
Good job, you will like that setup. And that’s awesome that the Jameson & Coke came with the parts. 😂

·
Registered
2018 camo VI
346 Posts
I did the fan bypass two weekends ago. I had a switch panel already with an open spot so all I had to do was splice in the fan got wire and run one wire to my switch. Very simple way to keep it running cooler. I also have the upgraded fan. Both are good mods to do.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I did the fan bypass two weekends ago. I had a switch panel already with an open spot so all I had to do was splice in the fan got wire and run one wire to my switch. Very simple way to keep it running cooler. I also have the upgraded fan. Both are good mods to do.
I am not clear on how the bypass really works. Is it in conjunction with the factory on/off sensors??
And I'm am NOT a wiring guy.....me and wiring harness equals a BAD time.
I'll need more that a 66oz to get me through that.
I have seen you guys with the gang switches, all wired so pretty, but can't wrap my head around making it all work.
That's what electronic shops are for I guess.

·
Registered
2018 camo VI
346 Posts
If I remember right, behind the coolant reservoir there is the wire loom that goes to the fan. The blue wire I believe is the “hot” wire. I will have to double check. I just tapped into that wire and ran a lead to my switch on my switch panel that is already grounded and power. Now you should have a relay in that circuit also but I’m ok with not having one. I don’t have loads of extra time on my hands.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That will probably be a winter project, as I am gearing up for hunting season, and then putting plow back on for the winter tasks.
But thanks for the heads up, power supply . Also, could I not use the wiring blank, also located in that same area?
I am assuming that it is there for adding extras.

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
The blue wire I believe is the “hot” wire. I will have to double check. I just tapped into that wire and ran a lead to my switch on my switch panel that is already grounded and power. Now you should have a relay in that circuit also but I’m ok with not having one. I don’t have loads of extra time on my hands.
That circuit will already have a relay, you are just adding a switch so no need to add another relay.

5741 - 5753 of 5753 Posts