Viking Forum banner
5,721 - 5,740 of 5,885 Posts
Window Leisure Grass Thigh Sky

BadMonkey taking her for a final spin!

The M0nkey is up to something. My Skrilly senses are tingling.

Reactions: cactus and Sport4x4
The M0nkey is up to something. My Skrilly senses are tingling.
I think so too, it’s just weird how sudden he did it. Then again he may have been considering it for awhile. The CFmoto doesn’t seem like a likely replacement, they are so different.

Reactions: bd_skrillz
He's gone to the Dark Side (China).

Why didn't you take the YXZ seats out?
Because I threw away the original seats.

Sent from my SM-F707U1 using Tapatalk

Well, I finally carved out some time for a ride, and much needed therapy it was ,
1st time this year, other than plowing snow last winter.....
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle

Mountain Plant community Sky Cloud Ecoregion

Attachments

Nice Grizzly too.
My buddy just bought it used, 2020 , came with passengers seat/storage box,heated gripps, and full fairing, painted to match......asking 12k, got for 10.5.....he's pretty pumped about it as its his first, came from bikes before.

Reactions: Sport4x4
So, now that I have had a chance to reflect on my ride last weekend, I failed to mention an issue that came up, that could have ruined the whole day.........any guesses??

My rad fan failed to come on....duh..
I thought that by squirting some WD40 into the vent line, I would be alleviating and concerns, so, off I go , not paying attention to cluster. I stop for a break and all I hear is the overflow bubbling....OH F#$ck is all that comes to mind...in a panic, I pull off the hood, no leaks found, so I reach under and give my fan blades a spin....oh crap..they're stuck...with a little work, I get them moving again, and PRESTO....fan kicks on like it was intended, and no more issues that day.
Now, I know a fan is needed, and I would LOVE to have the Andy Mello experience, but, by the time I pay the exchange rate, shipping, duties and everything else our Gov't wants to tack on(Canada), Amazon is looking more affordable.
Given that, can some one advise how I can get the Mello experience , but on a Canadian dollar that will be comparable in price.
If money wasnt an issue, hell, Id pay to have Andy come up here and install it himself...;)

Ok I guess that the Rad fan didn’t come on. 🤪😂
Andy is very helpful I would call him and ask if he has ever shipped to Canada and if he has any suggestions. He sent mine through regular mail, not sure if that would help you or not.
Also what year is your Viking?
And obviously Your going to need a new fan also.
sounds like you were lucky enough to not do any damage to the motor.

Ok I guess that the Rad fan didn’t come on. 🤪😂
Andy is very helpful I would call him and ask if he has ever shipped to Canada and if he has any suggestions. He sent mine through regular mail, not sure if that would help you or not.
Also what year is your Viking?
And obviously Your going to need a new fan also.
sounds like you were lucky enough to not do any damage to the motor.
Yes, I did manage to free up the fan motor, and it started to work, kept cool the rest of the day. Bit a new fan is in need for sure.

I'm pretty sure that's how my first overheat happened too - fan didn't turn on. My advice is replace the thermostat right away. It's likely that the stem is bent. I don't know what to say about Canadian shipping from Andy but it seems that the thermostats bend on an overheat.

My son and I took my Grandsons on their first real trail ride yesterday. They have a couple of old 4 wheelers so I was a little concerned that they may not make it the whole way. So I came prepared to tow one back if needed, and brought plenty of tools, battery powered air compressor and oil knowing these machines all too well from working on them in the past. We did about 40 miles and they both made it. The Arctic Cat needed a quart of oil and a tire pumped up 11 miles in, and the Honda needed a half quart. At 21 miles the trail came out by a gas station so we filled them up had lunch and put another quart of oil in the Arctic Cat so my son bought 3 quarts there to continue on with. The Cat also had starting problems but only had to jump start it once, probably starts hard because there is so much oil in the cylinder all the time.
Pretty sure there were no mosquitoes 🦟 behind us with all the blue smoke the Cat was belching out 😆. Anyway the boys loved it and had a great time. I wanted to get some great pictures of them on trail but I thought of it while driving and would forget every time we stopped because of maintenance concerns being checked or done. The youngest loved the mud holes so this was sadly the only picture I got the whole day.
Plant Natural landscape Tree Watercourse Fluvial landforms of streams

View attachment 52179

BadMonkey taking her for a final spin!
Well Brunhilda has been gone a week now and besides poking some fun at Cactus and Skrillz, I won't have much to offer in the way of new HOW-TOs or suggestions so I am going to make an effort to step back from my participation here. I am pretty sure there isn't another machine-specific Forum quite like this one where nearly everyone is both friendly and helpful. It makes me happy to know that there are lots of Forum members, both old and new, who will keep this going. While we haven't had a lot of participation in recent years in Forum rides, if anyone wants to arrange something in Eastern PA please send me a PM and I will try to make it. Aloha!

Sad to see you go BadMonkey cuz you have been a great help to many here over the years and still could be with the wealth of knowledge you accumulated over the years. And will miss your humor and Bourbon 🥃 expertise LOL.

Looks good.

Last year I moved mine from the front rollbar to the hood. lol!

So I moved the light bar from its position on the hood to the front bar of the roll cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like you alleviated the rain gutter draining on your pant leg issue by mounting the light bar there too. I sure wish the Yamaha fold down windshield had a better fit at the top. The previous owner of mine lost the piece for my soft cab that's supposed to fill in the gap. I used a pool noodle last year but that feels a little ghettofabulous so I need to find a better solution for this Winter.

Looks like you alleviated the rain gutter draining on your pant leg issue by mounting the light bar there too. I sure wish the Yamaha fold down windshield had a better fit at the top. The previous owner of mine lost the piece for my soft cab that's supposed to fill in the gap. I used a pool noodle last year but that feels a little ghettofabulous so I need to find a better solution for this Winter.
Yes and no. So the pool noodle I was going to do because I get a really bad rattling noise from where the windshield rubs against the roof while out on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5,721 - 5,740 of 5,885 Posts