Viking Forum banner
5541 - 5550 of 5550 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I ordered a muffler. At least it was super easy to take the old one off. Two springs and one 12mm bolt! It was much more difficult to lubricate both ends of the throttle cable and set it up right, especially when the muffler is gone and you are not quite sure how it is running at idle. It is also super noisy.

The backup camera was killed when the mud flooded the cab so I tore it out. At least the backup lights still work fine. The stereo is also not playing. I suspect that the waterproof speakers are not mudproof. I have to pull them out tomorrow, wash them off and see if I can get them to work. At least the stereo itself turns on and connects to bluetooth.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
715 Posts
I ordered a muffler. At least it was super easy to take the old one off. Two springs and one 12mm bolt! It was much more difficult to lubricate both ends of the throttle cable and set it up right, especially when the muffler is gone and you are not quite sure how it is running at idle. It is also super noisy.

The backup camera was killed when the mud flooded the cab so I tore it out. At least the backup lights still work fine. The stereo is also not playing. I suspect that the waterproof speakers are not mudproof. I have to pull them out tomorrow, wash them off and see if I can get them to work. At least the stereo itself turns on and connects to bluetooth.
Any idea why your muffler exploded? Rusted out?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
It was pretty rusty. I think it is possible the mud had something to do with it though. Even buried the engine never skipped a beat.

Reactions: Blue Bull

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
lol that's awesome Monkey!

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I ended up having to remove the entire stereo, wash the speakers and disassemble the electronics unit. I then put it in the oven at 150 Degrees Fahrenheit for 4 hours. After re-assembling it all on my bench it now works! Now I just need to re-install the whole thing.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
715 Posts
That’s why I hate mud, the clean up after is not worth the fun of playing in it anymore

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
That’s why I hate mud, the clean up after is not worth the fun of playing in it anymore
I h8 the mud too, especially now. There were big mud puddles everywhere so there was no avoiding it. The only saving grace is that I don't actually wash my Viking. I hosed it off and will let the rain clean it over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
715 Posts
What did I do with my Viking today??? PAID IT OFF!!!! 👏🏻

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
5541 - 5550 of 5550 Posts