5401 - 5420 of 5443 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
That's a lot of snow Monkey!

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
I measured it a while ago and it was 31" deep! It is actually so deep that the plow can't throw it right or left so I had to plow it out to multiple open areas for stacking. It took forever to clear the driveway which is something like 900 feet long. I am not sure my dually pickup will be able to fit.

·
Super Moderator
4,377 Posts
^^^^^So much snow, I couldn't begin to fathom how you go about clearing that, must take a lot of work.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Cactus, we used to have snow like this all the time in the '60s and '70s but it rare to have this much all at once here these days. This is the first time I wished that I had a plow for my pickup. The Viking is too light to plow snow this deep on a regular basis. I lost track of the number of passes I needed to make to clear the driveway. I had to first clear areas to dump the snow and then chipped away at it a little at a time. I would have to take at least two passes with the blade raised at different heights before I could drop it to the ground.

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Cactus, we used to have snow like this all the time in the '60s and '70s but it rare to have this much all at once here these days. This is the first time I wished that I had a plow for my pickup. The Viking is too light to plow snow this deep on a regular basis. I lost track of the number of passes I needed to make to clear the driveway. I had to first clear areas to dump the snow and then chipped away at it a little at a time. I would have to take at least two passes with the blade raised at different heights before I could drop it to the ground.
I bet Buffalo Trace was keeping you warm. Did you risk a PUI?

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
I haven’t seen snow like that in years here in west Michigan and we get lake effect snow from Lake Michigan. Last week local news said we were at 13” for the season so far and that’s 36 inches below our average so far.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Yeah - when you get what I now refer to as "Monkey Snow," a full-sized, enclosed and heated tractor, with a plow attachment, would be a terrific asset.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Time to load up the spare seats and tray with cartons of beer, just to give you some extra weight for plowing. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
I'm thinking a pallet of whiskey.

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Yamaha Overfenders arrived today. Looking forward to getting them on this weekend. I put a set on my Kodiak a few years back and liked the look and protection. I put a big deep scratch on the rear fender so now I can cover that up too, double win 😂

Reactions: Blue Bull

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Got 6” of the white stuff overnight. Another 3-6” on the way. Second picture was my commute on the highway
44E747EE-5457-48EC-9521-D88434ADF3BC.jpeg
E4ACE6B4-C323-4FE1-A245-14574704C4D8.jpeg

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Nice! We have had a couple of days above freezing so the 31" has compacted somewhat. 3" to 5" tomorrow followed by bitter temps. Had to put diesel treatment in the truck to keep the fuel from jelling. F'n Canadians should keep their arctic air!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nice! We have had a couple of days above freezing so the 31" has compacted somewhat. 3" to 5" tomorrow followed by bitter temps. Had to put diesel treatment in the truck to keep the fuel from jelling. F'n Canadians should keep their arctic air!

been mild here with with not much snow,but looks like we have some cold weather coming next week.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
Overfenders are installed, love the look.
555E6CAC-955D-47A2-84C9-D497DB6591F4.jpeg
9DF7B324-500D-4333-8741-DE319728D4A2.jpeg
2E595B19-1E89-47B7-9A6A-E1B444798098.jpeg

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Green is and always has been the best color.

·
Registered
15 Posts

We’re trying as hard as we can but I think there’s so much it’s spilling down onto you fellas! Been like this all week, supposed to be worse tomorrow I guess. Excuse the bad angle on the pic but that does say -44°. No chance the Viking is coming out in that lol in fact no chance I’m going out in that lol stole up the wood burner and ring out the whiskey I suppose

·
Super Moderator
4,377 Posts
We’re trying as hard as we can but I think there’s so much it’s spilling down onto you fellas! Been like this all week, supposed to be worse tomorrow I guess. Excuse the bad angle on the pic but that does say -44°. No chance the Viking is coming out in that lol in fact no chance I’m going out in that lol stole up the wood burner and ring out the whiskey I suppose
-44 fark!! It's been a balmy 25 to 30C here everyday!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
You guys freezing, us mob
Beach Life

Cheers

5401 - 5420 of 5443 Posts