Viking Forum banner

5281 - 5300 of 5317 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
We don't use that new-fangled metric system. Here it is just sh1t ton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just caught on to how you positioned your grips. That’s a great idea! Might have to try that. Versatile. I have another set overhead for my rifle.

Just finally got to get a pic today. Got the summer’s chickens three days ago and already I’ve got a pair of squirrels moved in above them in the coop. I was out trying to rectify that situation so I had a shootin iron in the machine. Just the pellet gun today but it fits nearly the same and works for pics. A real rifle has enough length to get the fore-end firmly in the grips. When running two rifles I put the butts between the seats and they don’t wander around that way. I like your roof mounted one too, nice and out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Thats a great way to transport.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
The stock headlights on my 18 Viking are useless as far as traveling at night here in the Sonora, so I picked up a couple Led spot/flood lights on Ebay to try out, didn't spend much on them, man what a difference, we'll see how long they last before I knock'em off on a bush.Welded up a little bar to mount them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not today but the last 3 days attacked anything I wanted and took it with my Viking. Other than I did bend a steering rod first day. Bent back and went back at it!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Also replaced battery and removed relay board / electrical distribution panel for maintenance.

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
Are you having Xmas in July?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Horse christmas.

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Eventually yes

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Running crocs over isn't fair. You have to wrestle them.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
On my 2018 Viking the bottom side tubes at the rear end next to the rear tire, they left a 1" hole in the center of the 2" tube. Running up and down the river the tube would fill up with sand and small rocks, takes a while to wash all the sand out of both sides, there also is a drain hole up close to the front where the tube bends up.
So my question is: Why did Yamaha leave this hole, do they not realize that the tube will fill up with whatever the rear tire is slinging at the moment? I guess the brains that dream these things up never get one out in the mud or sand.
I got a couple of 1/4 in thick fender washers and made up some plugs, I take them out every now and then when I wash it, not much getting in the tubes now.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Well done. ^^^^^

·
Registered
11 Posts
Might be a smidge overloaded...
View attachment 50575 View attachment 50576
It pulled just fine in low. But it didn’t steer for squat, lol.
Nice load. Pile it up man, they’ll take it. I’ve yet to find “overloaded” in the Viking. Not recommending the practise at all but I regularly split a ton bag of grain between my Viking and it’s trailer. Nearest I can figure is 800lbs or so in the box and the rest in the trailer. Put her in 4 so the front tires pull around the corner and away she goes. Corners are wider and speed is snails pace that’s for sure, wouldn’t chance any off cambers or soft ground either. Hasn’t yet caused me any trouble mechanically other than it does have a slight squat which seems pretty usual even for Vikings not hauling major loads.

·
Registered
989 Posts
What happens when you’re in 2WD instead of 4WD. The effects of alcohol at the Brett Mann Memorial ride.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I love my Bandits a lot.
But it’s been a few years now.
I’ve been a naughty boy!!!!
Mr Add to Cart has struck again.

Cheers