Viking Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went scouting in Ca the other day. Wow, all my favorite spote are infested with bears. way to go california, thanks for taking away dogs for bear hunting. Not to mention, no baits! The bear population has gone way out of control up here in Jefferson/ Ahem, I mean northern Ca.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You really encountered a lot of bears while you were out? I'm surprised. Seems like Californians shouldn't go around killing bears given that they are on your state flag and all. What do you mean out of control? Are they actually having a negative impact on the environment or something?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
You really encountered a lot of bears while you were out? I'm surprised. Seems like Californians shouldn't go around killing bears given that they are on your state flag and all. What do you mean out of control? Are they actually having a negative impact on the environment or something?

There have been restrictions placed on methods of hunting black bears that has dramatically reduced the number of bears being taken. This is not a good thing because they are rapidly overpopulating and becoming quite a problem in some areas. On top of that, when any of the predator species becomes overpopulated, the prey species (like young deer) get hit very hard as well.
In short....the bear population is exploding and, in some areas, it is VERY common to run into more bears than deer. In some populated areas, they are becoming quite an issue due to lack of food...they keep wondering into town looking for something to eat. Trash, dog food...dogs, cats :(

BTW: The Grizzly bear is on the state flag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very well said mass, we have also had nussance bears in town as well. its getting to a point where we have one or two a month now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts