Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a new Viking and wanted to check up the dealer on the plow system. I believe its a 3500 lb winch and its the 72 inch blade made by Yamaha Warn. Has anyone had this installed on their UTV. The dealer is quoting me $1450 installed. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I cant anwser you question, but just wanted to say welcome to the site.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can do it for half that with aftermarket, Superwinch Terra35 and 72" cyclecountry plow scroll down a couple of threads for lots of info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Viking2k14 and turkeyted i want a quality plow just wanted to make sure i wasnt getting taken advantage of. I got quoted $1900 here locally and also $1895 so i believe $1450 is a great deal on it. 3000 lb warn winch and 72 inch warn plow

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Id look at the Winches and Plow kits from Mmotaaliance, they are a member here, and from what ive read for years, they make some great stuff, and have awesome customer service. Another thing, id go with a bigger winch to. Moto offers them up to 5k pull.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I wouldn't get it done at the dealer. You can save lots of money buy buying it yourself and either installing it yourself or hiring a shop to install it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
not to take anything away from Warn but I think like anything, you can pay a lot for a name, I've been plowing with cyclecountry and superwinch for years with no issues, not a single broken part. Just plowed 10" yesterday, my 150' drive my neighbors 400' and some odds and ends, also be careful as some warm winches only come with remote, lots of info under thread PLOW good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with the Warn. I think from all of the research I have done, they are the best and for the price I'm getting a 3,000 lb advantage winch with a 72 inch blade for a great price. I would never need to pull anything more than 3,000 lbs for sure! Thanks for the replies tho! Can't wait to get it! Should arrive to me on wednesday! Ill try to post some pics when I get it! Does everyone like theirs so far?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also have warn and 3500 lbs. Dealer installed 1500.00. There are a lot of other options out there... I'm happy with mine. Check my Christmas Vike in photo gallery.
The other plows on this site are awesome. Depends on your budget and dealer location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my Viking on tuesday and had some excess snow to move. has anyone noticed that the springs on the warn set up are very light and fold the plow down very easily. just checking to see if anyone has any suggestions on that?

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got snow, not a warn but functional, I have to have my eye bolts adjusted all the way plus if you can angle the plow forward and back with stops sometimes you can get them to far forward causing a lot of plow flip DSCN2186.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts