Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
quality brand, they look solid. However can't comment on effectiveness. Whats an OEM replacement going to run you?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OEM replacements are cheap! $10 per side or something like that...I just want something a little stronger. I like the UHMW ones but they are heavy and the a arm is unsprung weight so I will give these a shot....looks like they mount with the original hardware too. I will report when I get them mounted up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The reason Yamaha uses the composite is so it flexes and does not tear up the CV boot. If you bend an aluminum one into it then it will bend into the CV boot and tear them up.

·
Registered
344 Posts
where can I find the stock ones mine got ripped off the second day

·
Registered
344 Posts
rocky mountain doesnt have the stock guard i rather buy online than walk into my dealer.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The reason Yamaha uses the composite is so it flexes and does not tear up the CV boot. If you bend an aluminum one into it then it will bend into the CV boot and tear them up.
how likely is that though? would it happen under normal operating procedures or only in extreme circumstances?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Easy hit a rock with an aluminum one and it will bend and stay bent. The composite may bend, but will bounce back. That is the reason why all the oems's use them in those areas and steel for the under carriage.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have complete aluminum a arm guards on my grizzly 700 and I beat on her in the mud and rocks and have never bent a aluminum a arm guard! They are way better than stock! I have huge gouges in mine from hitting big rocks and trees but have never bent one where it would cause problems.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I installed the Warn A arm guards front and rear today! The fit was great, all the mounting holes lined up perfect, they look great and offer much more protection than stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My rear guards got really beat up with normal trail riding up here in the northeast, I just installed the Warn guards front and rear, very nice product and easy to install, great protection, cheap insurance in my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts