Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea start by taking it back and getting a warn, things junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These guys absolutely rule! was proud to sport my viper elite winch up against my buddies with their warns. Customized my order to exactly what I wanted.I highly recommend their product to anyone on this site and it's safe to say the people i ride with will be switching to viper in the future. Look forward to seeing what else moto alliance offers for us later on down the road.

Can you explain the change of heart ? What happened with your winch? I am winch sensitive, and don't own a viper. I own a arctic cat prowler from new in 2009. Had a warn winch for it, came in a arctic cat box with a warn logo etc all proper. Used almost never , maybe two or three time for light pulls. When I. Needed hunting, it wouldn't work at all. Turned out the motor burnt out of it. Ok, sometimes stuff just happens. Replaced the motor. Test winch, it runs in and out. Good enough. Keep in mind i had warns on a quad for ten years that never missed a beat. Don't use the winch for over a year. When I need it, doesn't work. Winch motor burnt out. Literally never used. I will never put a warn on anything again. I believe they had a good name bu have one to junk inthe atv size winches. My BIL is the head service guy at a Yamaha dealership and he recommended the super winch. Half the price and they get almost none back for warranty or repairs. Warn they get back in far greater porportion. I am sure it's because they sell more warns but like I said, I won't trust one again.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah all I've ever owned before this was warn and never had issues. I purchased a viper 5k elite and I'm not impressed. Used it to pull out a stuck razor the other weekend and after 10 seconds of pulling it lost all it's juice and now is only good for spooling up the line (barely). What's more annoying about this is that I've tried to contact them about warranty and have gotten nothing back. I even pm'd peter(he posts on here regularly). Nothing back. They come on here and talk the talk but won't walk the walk with warranty and I'm bitter about it! I figured by purchasing their top of the line winch it would be smooth sailing and no worries. Wrong I was.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Hey Guys,

SCHATZ: I just got back from overseas and saw your PM. Didn't do a lot of work while on vacation.....sorry about that. Please call our tech support at 866-527-7637 and you can get immediate help. Sure it's not a huge deal.

Here's what I know about quality and track record.

1. We've sold them for nearly 10 years now and sell about 8,000 VIPER winches a year. You don't get to that level if you have a crappy product. Word-of-mouth will kill you.

2. We have 400 dealers selling our products. Highlifter and LA Powersports take them by the pallets and run them in the deepest mud conditions.

3. They are made with military grade raw materials and we don't cut corners in their production.

Now every winch brand will sometimes not work in the field, BUT there can be tons of reasons for this -- and rare is it a manufacturing defect. We have in the neighborhood of 98% success rate and I'd put our winches against anyone.

Sometimes it's an issue with the battery, sometimes it's an issue with the electrical system -- who knows.

Here's a trouble-shooting video from our lead tech, Caleb:

Anyway, give us a shout and we will ALWAYS stand behind our stuff. I know how hard we work to make good products. Hope some of that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Viper elete

Ok now that all of you have had you say about whats better, whats worse,:) does anyone have pics of instals, ie. where the switches should go or best place to put contractor, those kind of things? I dont want to drill holes that I may regret latter:eek:. I am also inserted in some enclosures that some of you might have installed.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Although you are only looking for info on where to mount your winch switch and components, are you going to be mounting any future lights/elec./switches? If so, you will want to think ahead and plan for future mods. Here is a link to a switch panel that you can customize to suit your own needs. It can also be set up for future expansion. http://www.vikingforum.org/forum/li...ch-panel-goodies-done-will-blow-you-away.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts