Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
So, what exactly, do this kit do. I already have the sheeve and gold clutch spring. I'm running 30s now. Is this and one of your new springs an upgrade to what I have now?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, what exactly, do this kit do. I already have the sheeve and gold clutch spring. I'm running 30s now. Is this and one of your new springs an upgrade to what I have now?
For a complete explanation, click the link in first comment and read the tech article

Short answer, helps stop from burning your wet clutch up which appears to be a issue on the Viking especially with bigger tires.

Todd

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this what I keep hearing slip when I get this thing in a bind?
I doubt it, belt slip is normally something you hear and these units are not known for belt slippage so if everything is working like it should and you are getting belt slip then maybe that stiffer spring will stop it.

Hard to say since I am not hearing it or driving it.

Todd

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this what I keep hearing slip when I get this thing in a bind?
I doubt it, belt slip is normally something you hear and these units are not known for belt slippage so if everything is working like it should and you are getting belt slip then maybe that stiffer spring will stop it.

Hard to say since I am not hearing it or driving it.

Todd

·
Registered
416 Posts
The slippage you here is your front driveshaft. Its calles torque limiting drive shaft. Once they start slipping then you'll have to be getting one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts