Viking Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at both machines, Rhino's are used of course. Those of you who had Rhinos and now own a Viking. Are there things you miss about your Rhino?

Is the Viking such a better machine that it warrants the premium price tag?

I am looking at the EFI Rhinos. (2008 and newer) Are there any reliability or safety issues with the Rhinos?

·
Super Moderator
4,425 Posts
I like the Viking over the Rhino mainly because there is so much room inside it, and that centre seat is so good for sitting things on like rifles or spotlights etc. Other than a few tweaks I think the mechanics are pretty much the same between the two, the Viking is wider of course which may be an issue for some.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wise choice on the 2008 or newer Rhino. Don't touch the non-fule injected ones in my opinion. My first Rhino was a POS largely as a result of not having EFI. Fuel delivery issues caused lots of problems.
I have both Rhino and Viking and they are great machines. 2008 Rhino is the old workhorse with over 12,000 miles of hard farm use over the last 6 year. Had a few issues over the years with wheel bearings going out and CV boots getting torn and losing the joint but really not too bad for that many hard miles. Also lost two stators during that time. All in all pretty happy for the abuse it gets and minimal mainteance all that time!
Viking has 1,400 easy miles and no problems thus far. I love all the room in the Viking. I find the Rhino's hold their value and are not as good a buy as a new Viking. The used Rhino's are moving for around $7K or more and I would just as soon buy new for a few thousand more and get the extra room with a Viking. Quite a few new Vikings sitting on my dealer's lot, some fairly long term. I think he is willing to deal to move some units before winter.
JMHO!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The used Rhino's are moving for around $7K or more and I would just as soon buy new for a few thousand more and get the extra room with a Viking. Quite a few new Vikings sitting on my dealer's lot, some fairly long term. I think he is willing to deal to move some units before winter.
JMHO!

Rhinos are going for about 8k here for 2008-2009 IF you are lucky. Many are listed for a lot more. I am looking for one with a back seat for the kids. The Rangers keep their value even better.

The dealers here in Utah aren't dealing very much on the Vikings. They are about $700 below MSRP before the fees and taxes. Maybe I just need to save my money, or hope the Yamaha dealers will start discounting the Vikings more. The T-rex4's are 3k off MSRP for the 2014's!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts