Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here a possible solutions for our sagging Vikings,
I am thinking about swapping out my Viking OEM shocks for the Viking 6 Shocks. They appear similar, but with stronger springs.

A standard Viking is 1355 pounds, and designed for 3 persons. A Viking 6 weight is 1667 pounds and designed for 6 persons.
Have a 3 inch lift kit, but still sagging. Only at 10 inches of clearance. Have my Viking pretty loaded up with spares, bash plates, and rescue equipment.

Would like to have a rebuild able, with adjustable preload. Sofar have found none.

The price on the Viking 6 shock is not too bad, Rocky Mountain ATV has the listed for $174.26 (stock Viking shock is $132)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Do you mean the Viking 6?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I corrected the post for you

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've thought about this as well. Like maybe just doing the rear first and seeing how it works out. I like the idea of a heavier spring versus shimming the stock viking springs. On my Grizzly I have the Highlifter heavy duty springs with the preload maxed out on the back and preload on the front set low/mid.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Good idea with starting with the rear, if you do end up doing that keep us posted on how it goes, interested in knowing how that will ride.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here a possible solutions for our sagging Vikings,
I am thinking about swapping out my Viking OEM shocks for the Viking 6 Shocks. They appear similar, but with stronger springs.

A standard Viking is 1355 pounds, and designed for 3 persons. A Viking 6 weight is 1667 pounds and designed for 6 persons.
Have a 3 inch lift kit, but still sagging. Only at 10 inches of clearance. Have my Viking pretty loaded up with spares, bash plates, and rescue equipment.

Would like to have a rebuild able, with adjustable preload. Sofar have found none.

The price on the Viking 6 shock is not too bad, Rocky Mountain ATV has the listed for $174.26 (stock Viking shock is $132)
Each?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I just read in dirt trax that the viking 6 comes with pre-load adjustable shocks??? Any confirmation??

·
Registered
74 Posts
I will stop by my dealer tomorrow to find out. They have a couple on the floor. If they are pre-load adjustable I'm ordering a pair.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Viking VI shocks are not pre load adjustable. The springs might be a little bit stiffer but they look the same as the Viking shocks. I was hopeing they were adjustable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
viking 6 shocks

Probably will do it in November. Will be gone most of November. Still hoping fox will sort out a set for the Viking.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not yet for me. Most likely wait till tax time. Got too many projects under way.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I started doing some research on the shocks and I didn't come up with much. My dealer said that they were the same shock but I think thats BS. There is no way that the shocks from the Viking could handle the weight of the 6. The part numbers are different but I dont want to waste almost $400 to find out if they are stronger. I wish High Lifter or Fox Racing would hurry up and make some stornger springs. Im going to make some phone calls tomorrow to find out about the 6 shocks. I will let yall know what I come up with.

Reactions: bamaviking

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I started doing some research on the shocks and I didn't come up with much. My dealer said that they were the same shock but I think thats BS. There is no way that the shocks from the Viking could handle the weight of the 6. The part numbers are different but I dont want to waste almost $400 to find out if they are stronger. I wish High Lifter or Fox Racing would hurry up and make some stornger springs. Im going to make some phone calls tomorrow to find out about the 6 shocks. I will let yall know what I come up with.

Any more info on this?

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
So, did anybody put viking 6 rear shocks on a 3 seater yet? I plan on doing it in a month or two:)
Just thought I would bring this up again...if you search the forums, this is becoming more and more common (rear spring sag)

I know this has been brought up before but I'm hoping someone can answer this. The Viking VI shocks are more money and also have a different part number. My thinking is that they might be a little more robust? Does anyone have a contact that could see if the VI shocks (if they are stronger) would work on the Viking? Maybe one of the VI Owners could pull one off and tell us the lenght of the VI shock?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts