Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to mount a winch on the rear. Mostly will be used for raising Feeders and etc. Had contacted someone who used to make the mounts
Mount 1.jpg
Mount 2.jpg
Mount 3.jpg
, no longer does so because of lack of demand.. My son said he would build one for me . This was as of about 9 pm last night

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
457 Posts
He did an amazing job on that

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome!! Great job!!

·
Super Moderator
4,404 Posts
Beautiful work, the winch is nicely tucked away in there, did you consider using the receiver to temporarily attach the winch when needed? If so, why didn't you go that way? Just curious.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That is a sweet set up, is it close to the exhaust, could I bother you for a downward pic from under the box, just to see how close it is, I am interested in this type of set up, and I too have a son who designs and welds semi trailers and vac trucks, he was already talking about helping me out for it

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wrapped the bend in the exhaust pipe with heat wrap. it is hard to get an accurate picture once everything is installed and the bed is down. But the winch is about 4-5 inches from this pipe. The wrap did an excellent job. I ran it for about an hour and could still touch the back side of the winch with my hand

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts