·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Reactions: Craiglud

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nope. They just keep driving it and telling me new bikes make the same noise just not as loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Been over a week and they still can't find the noise. Yamaha claims that they haven't had any similar complaints so my dealer is throwing parts at it now

·
Registered
148 Posts
Been over a week and they still can't find the noise. Yamaha claims that they haven't had any similar complaints so my dealer is throwing parts at it now

That is just **** aggravating!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
They have the seats and floor out and have been running it lifted on a forklift. They think it's somewhere in the front driveline but can't damper it at all to know for sure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
And they keep telling me some of the new machines on the lot make a similar noise but not all of them. Apparently only the blue ones lol WTF!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Finally got it back tonight. They replaced the carrier bearing on the front drive shaft, I will drive it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Finally got it back tonight. They replaced the carrier bearing on the front drive shaft, I will drive it tomorrow.

Did that help with the noise?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I pinpointed my sound to under the rear seats the driveshaft that runs to front it vibrates like a bitch there is a bearing right there but it has some play and that is where I hear sound coming from. Though about changing that out

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I pinpointed my sound to under the rear seats the driveshaft that runs to front it vibrates like a bitch there is a bearing right there but it has some play and that is where I hear sound coming from. Though about changing that out

That is what was replaced in mine

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Sweet! How hard is it to replace?

41 - 60 of 73 Posts