Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a thread about your transporters for your Vikings. All is encluded from open deck to enclosed trailers type of trucks. even toy haulers.
Here is mine. A 2015 coachmen freedom express 26' toy hauler. and one of Klondike Kate inside. (wife name for the Viking). I use a 2013 GMC 2500 w/duramax to pull with. Nothing done to the truck until warrenty runs out then the sky is the limit.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,425 Posts
Here's mine, doesn't fit!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I haul mine in a new 6.5 x 12 Big Tex Utility Trailer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's mine, doesn't fit!
Cactus. If that was my hauler and the Viking wasnt hanging off the sides
think I would add a little bed extension and call it good to go. But from the looks of your back yard
You probably can ride right from your house.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haul mine in a new 6.5 x 12 Big Tex Utility Trailer.
Viking2k14. They dont sell those trailers in Alaska so I had to look it up. Nice trailer! I bet it hauls the Viking nicely.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Hauls it very nice

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 6x10 Built Tuff trailer that are built by a local guy here in Ontario. Awesome trailers. My viking fits just perfect in it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 6x10 Built Tuff trailer that are built by a local guy here in Ontario. Awesome trailers. My viking fits just perfect in it.
Reignman; In my experience with trailers its seems that trailers built by small indepent manufactures are just as good or better than those by large companies. More bang for the buck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Reignman; In my experience with trailers its seems that trailers built by small indepent manufactures are just as good or better than those by large companies. More bang for the buck.
I certainly agree. My father has the same trailer but just a bit smaller. A shame because I was really hoping to not spend 1600$ on a trailer and just use his lol.

Some of the other trailers I looked at from Lowes, Home Depot and Auto add ons were poop compared to my built tuff. The other ones were made from angle iron etc and overall build quality was def lacking.

Im very happy with it. Only thing that needs to be rethought out is the LP placement.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Must be nice to have an enclosed trailer, good for long trips where you have to stop off often and dont want to worry about it attracting unwanted attention

·
Registered
37 Posts

I have a tilting Aluma trailer -- 7712 T. Super convenient. Fits perfectly. All aluminum. Kind of expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
viking sure is big. not the easiest thing to transport.
It sure is it took me almost 3 months to find a toy hauler that was shorter than 30 foot that would fit the Viking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I have a tilting Aluma trailer -- 7712 T. Super convenient. Fits perfectly. All aluminum. Kind of expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone
That is a nice trailer. I bet it pulls like a dream with the Viking on it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Must be nice to have an enclosed trailer, good for long trips where you have to stop off often and dont want to worry about it attracting unwanted attention
It is like a little piece of insurance. Plus it keeps the road gunk off to.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I love my Triton aluminum trailer. Viking fits great and pulls awesome behind the Chevy Silverado

·
Registered
129 Posts
Picture of the Triton Aluminum trailer

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thats a COOL trailer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bud Man. That is a nice trailer. I like how low its sits. Have had any issues with ground clearance like pulling out of driveways with steep transitions or dirt roads.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Akrider, I have not had any clearance issues yet. I have some rough dirt roads to go through to get to my hunting land but so far so good.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts