Viking Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
333 Posts
It varies a lot depending on what I’m doing with it or how hard I’m driving it. It’s about 15 mpg most of the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On average during trail riding I get around 30 miles to a "bar" on the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew that if I went by the fuel level gauge, I was not getting what I thought I should. So, I ran it until it showed empty, and opened the tank and cut a limb and shoved it to the bottom of the tank. Showed about 8", but it was at an angle. I finished the day and went for gas. It took 7 1/2 gallons. and I had 94 miles on it. Do the math. It is about 12.5 mpg. During this use, I had it in low range 4WD quite a bit, But, only when needed. I kept it in high range 2WD, probably 75% of the time. One time I was on pavement for about 1-2 miles and I aired it out to just see how fast it would go (51mph). I tell you, I am disappointed in the fuel usage, but, if I had to do it all over again, I would still buy the Viking. It has been a workhorse, and very comfortable to drive and use. I don't look for mudholes, but on the hunting lease I am on in Southeast Texas, the loggers are working, and have a 28 truck per day quota on pine logs, The rain has been bad, and the 18 wheelers are hard on the unimproved roads. There has not been anything I have not been able to get through, while a Polaris stuck and took the guy almost 2 hours to get it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts