Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have more of these in the field, after the one hiccup with the first one we did and getting that fellow fixed up the rest are working great.

Nothing but positive reviews so far. I would not expect anything less, we have been doing the same thing on the Rhino's and Grizzlies for years with nothing but success.

We have some on the shelf ready to ship

Link to machined sheaves on the Viking.

Todd
601-771-0070

·
Registered
81 Posts
Jus curious Todd, how much would it cost if I sent you my sheave to machine, and got the rest from you (sliders, rollers, spring, and belt)?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Todd,
Hey bud, this may or may not pertain however; My F150 stopped moving forward today and my first thought was pull (it was in mud). So I pull up behind it in the Christmas Vike. Plow is on front, bumper of F150 is stout hmmm... With wife at wheel of F150 and I with plow raised begin to push that ford out of the mud. With stock Vike in low and diff lock engaged the engine stuttered and with hesitation pushed that ford out to my surprise. The engine or clutch/tranny clearly did not enjoy that job as much as I. Do you think your clutch would have made a difference and been more responsive? The engine stutter concerned me just a little.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jus curious Todd, how much would it cost if I sent you my sheave to machine, and got the rest from you (sliders, rollers, spring, and belt)?
$260 for all that and return shipping to the US

For new for all that with the optional spring is $374

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Todd,
Hey bud, this may or may not pertain however; My F150 stopped moving forward today and my first thought was pull (it was in mud). So I pull up behind it in the Christmas Vike. Plow is on front, bumper of F150 is stout hmmm... With wife at wheel of F150 and I with plow raised begin to push that ford out of the mud. With stock Vike in low and diff lock engaged the engine stuttered and with hesitation pushed that ford out to my surprise. The engine or clutch/tranny clearly did not enjoy that job as much as I. Do you think your clutch would have made a difference and been more responsive? The engine stutter concerned me just a little.
Yes it would have helped because it puts the belt lower in the primary for a lower low but I would not suggest doing much of that, you might burn up your wet clutch and I imagine that is what was doing the stuttering.

Todd

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Todd. Tried calling you this afternoon but you were gone for the day. I'll give you a shout in the morning. Any deals for the forum guys? I'll be running 29.5x12x12 Outlaws, what set up will I need?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Tech man you are going to want a machined sheave with 18g weights and a gold epi spring along with a new belt

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tech man you are going to want a machined sheave with 18g weights and a gold epi spring along with a new belt
Did you get yours from Todd? How is it?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yes I did

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Todd. Tried calling you this afternoon but you were gone for the day. I'll give you a shout in the morning. Any deals for the forum guys? I'll be running 29.5x12x12 Outlaws, what set up will I need?
You must have called right before close, I left ten min early to go watch my son play ball.

You need the sheave combo with 18gr weights and gold spring along with the belt.

The combo already has a discount in it.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
326 Posts
Talked with Todd this morning. He was going to try and have a sheave machined for me and have everything sent out today. Great service so far!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Todd. I didn't receive email. I sent you a PM

·
Registered
326 Posts
Got the PM and the confirmation number works. Still no email but that's fine. Thanks Todd.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hunterworks- Todd
i would like to see about getting the clutch assembly with an additional belt to put on my viking could you send me a PM or reponse to this, and can you ship to Fairbanks, Alaska? i am going to do the 2 inch lift and i am running 28inch tires. will be racing it in Mud drags! thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will send you a pm, but you can just order off site if you want and we will add the extra shipping for AK to the order, or email me and Monday I will have Amber give us a shipping quote.

Todd

·
Registered
291 Posts
Email had been sent. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Got the kit installed today and all went well. Except for the cam plate sliders....it's almost like they were .001" or so to big. They were a little tight going onto the cam plate. And then the cam plate would stick in the sheave and not move freely up and down like it should. All good though, I filed a bit of the sliders on the edges that contact the cam plate and it moves freely again.

Just keep this in mind guys, always check function before reassembly. It would have caught me.

Tested after and everything seems to be working fine. I won't be able to give it a good test until the snow is gone and the mud comes. Plus I don't want to push the machine until after the 20 hour break in period.

Which brings up another question for Todd....is there a break in period for this belt? One thing I noticed when first fired the machine up is that the belt was a bit loose and not turning the secondary at idle. After I hit the throttle a few times it seemed to get better but just wondering if this is normal for a brand new belt?

·
Administrator
1,806 Posts
Im new to belt drives, Ive always owned Hondas, and still do. I thought Yamaha's CVT always maintains belt tension, and never slips...

1 - 20 of 78 Posts