Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing that had to be done was add a power commander V on it to get past speed limiter, I got 56 on a downhill and only 51 going up a slight incline before the decline.

Put our machined sheave on and got nothing extra!! The belt would not travel up the sheave no matter what I did and I did some crazy stuff. Something was physically limiting the travel of it. I won't bore you with the details but I changed to a 700 rhino belt which is slightly narrower and 1/4" longer and holy smoke it worked!!! The belt traveled all the way up the sheave. Top speed went to 58 on the decline and 54-55 up it.

The best part is engine RPM, bone stock at 50 it was running the limiter at 7000 rpm, after at 50 6300 which means you can cruise now and it not scream at you.

Before the sheave swap, with PCV it was running 7700 rpm at 56, after sheave and belt it dropped to 7300 at 58, which means if you add some power adding mods, this Viking now will have the potential to run in the 60's.

Bad news in a way is to get the whole affect you will have to buy a PCV, a Sheave Combo with greaseless weights and a Gates C12 700 belt. But we will offer a package for it to cut some cost.

I have a few more things to check out but this is the first info and I wanted to share it!!! I have to check to make sure we are not in any danger of the belt hitting anything.

Todd

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sounds good, lots of folks should love that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
First thing that had to be done was add a power commander V on it to get past speed limiter, I got 56 on a downhill and only 51 going up a slight incline before the decline.

Put our machined sheave on and got nothing extra!! The belt would not travel up the sheave no matter what I did and I did some crazy stuff. Something was physically limiting the travel of it. I won't bore you with the details but I changed to a 700 rhino belt which is slightly narrower and 1/4" longer and holy smoke it worked!!! The belt traveled all the way up the sheave. Top speed went to 58 on the decline and 54-55 up it.

The best part is engine RPM, bone stock at 50 it was running the limiter at 7000 rpm, after at 50 6300 which means you can cruise now and it not scream at you.

Before the sheave swap, with PCV it was running 7700 rpm at 56, after sheave and belt it dropped to 7300 at 58, which means if you add some power adding mods, this Viking now will have the potential to run in the 60's.

Bad news in a way is to get the whole affect you will have to buy a PCV, a Sheave Combo with greaseless weights and a Gates C12 700 belt. But we will offer a package for it to cut some cost.

I have a few more things to check out but this is the first info and I wanted to share it!!! I have to check to make sure we are not in any danger of the belt hitting anything.

Todd

Very Good to hear any idea on what the price will be?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wonder what a gutted exhaust will do with your mods? I know with mine I noticed it's gaining top end speed faster and the throttle is slightly more responsive with more pep

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Good to hear any idea on what the price will be?
The prices are gonna be what u see on rhino stuff but as a complete package with PCv, sheave combo with weights and a belt looks to be about 650. Optional gold spring for secondary for the bigger tire guys $30

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder what a gutted exhaust will do with your mods? I know with mine I noticed it's gaining top end speed faster and the throttle is slightly more responsive with more pep
Don't know. I have a dyno but we gotta get this going first then we will move forward.

Todd

·
Registered
51 Posts
The prices are gonna be what u see on rhino stuff but as a complete package with PCv, sheave combo with weights and a belt looks to be about 650. Optional gold spring for secondary for the bigger tire guys $30
So when do you plan to have all the parts available?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today I found out the Viking does not need the PCV to gain top speed with our machined sheave, only the sheave and belt then hits limiter again at 55 mph. Add the PCV and it will run 58.
So the limiting factor was the belt not a speed limiter with our sheave.
This means you will be buying a sheave and belt to get to 55 and more bottom end.
Todd

·
Registered
290 Posts
will the PCV alter the air fuel mixture? If you could bring down how lean Viking runs might be good for another 1 or 2

·
Registered
344 Posts
why should i get a power commander what are the pros will it give me more grunt?

·
Registered
344 Posts
It might help with acceleration but more than anything a bit of more top speed, with sheave and nothing else I would pass on it.

Todd
Thanks hunt the reason I ask is because I know guys on speed bikes only put the power commander wants to have an exhaust system or other modifications

·
Registered
35 Posts
@Hunterworks

Any cons switching too the rhino belt? Loss of low end power? Or ability to creep?
Burn through belts faster?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Switching to the rhino belt and nothing else gains nothing I can think of.

Sry let me elaborate, I want to get your sheave kit, and put the rhino belt on, ill have to save up before I get the pcv.

My question is does the rhino belt only help for max speed of do you still get all the benefits of low end gains. And by switching to the thinner belt will it act funny at low speeds?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sry let me elaborate, I want to get your sheave kit, and put the rhino belt on, ill have to save up before I get the pcv.

My question is does the rhino belt only help for max speed of do you still get all the benefits of low end gains. And by switching to the thinner belt will it act funny at low speeds?
The length does the top end and the thinner does the low end that the sheave allows.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay sry I missed one post in that why I was reading.
So all in all the sheave kit and the rhino belt is better then sheave kit and viking belt?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts