Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had many requests for a video of the enclosure. We made a quick video to show you how easy our soft cab enclosure is to install. It was about 20 degrees when we made this, therefore it is very short.
If you have any questions, please feel free to visit yamahaenclosures.com or call me at the number below.

This video is showing installation with a vented windshield available from UTV Headquarters.

Video: Full Cab Enclosure for the new 2014 Yamaha Viking - YouTube

Thank you very much for this forum!!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Awesome video, thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice, ant thoughts about using snaps to secure the cover rather than Velcro on future models?

Joe

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes...we can for sure use snaps. We use velcro for those who don't want to drill their machine for snaps. If you prefer snaps just let us know when you order. Thanks for your question!

·
Administrator
1,788 Posts
Not a big fan of this Velcro system at all! Will be nothing but a nightmare in a short time

Im looking for a more secure, longer lasting type attachment. Id like to see a strap type button or buckle attachment.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a big fan of this Velcro system at all! Will be nothing but a nightmare in a short time

Im looking for a more secure, longer lasting type attachment. Id like to see a strap type button or buckle attachment.
We have machines going in to year #4 using the same velcro with no problems. We are always looking for ways to improve the enclosures. As of yet, short of using snaps and drilling the machine (which we can do with no problems for you) We have not been able to come up with any other viable options.

If anyone has any suggestions, we would more than welcome your input. There are a lot of intelligent people on this forum, and somebody may just come up with what I have been searching for for years! :)

Ideas PLEASE!! :):):)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I tried going to your site, i couldnt get it to load, having any issues with it?

·
Administrator
1,788 Posts
I thought I just gave you some :).. Attach some straps with buckles or buttons that dont require drilling into the machine. As I said, Velcro in my experience, is short term, and, a pretty crappy way of doing it.. JMHO

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I just gave you some :).. Attach some straps with buckles or buttons that dont require drilling into the machine. As I said, Velcro in my experience, is short term, and, a pretty crappy way of doing it.. JMHO
Ha ha, ok I got the straps and buckles, but like on the doors, where would they buckle or snap to?
Sorry, just not able to picture it, I am a little slow today, sorry...:p

·
Administrator
1,788 Posts
Ill have to think of an idea on the doors as well myself. The less Velcro the better. And if it was just on the doors, thats better than every where else. Its not just how the velcro meets each other thats a problem, its how the glued side attaches to the machine that doesnt last. Oh and yeah, Im sorta slow myself ;)

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill have to think of an idea on the doors as well myself. The less Velcro the better. And if it was just on the doors, thats better than every where else. Its not just how the velcro meets each other thats a problem, its how the glued side attaches to the machine that doesnt last. Oh and yeah, Im sorta slow myself ;)
Awesome!! I do not have a problem doing straps down the windshield at all!! and the only other place we have the self adhesive velcro is on the doors. The velcro is actually holding up quite well, but if we could figure out anything better, we are always looking for ways to make our enclosures better!!
Thanks a million!!!:):):)

·
Administrator
1,788 Posts
And I wouldnt want velcro along the top of the windshield either. Not sure what to do exactly up there, youre the designer ;). I wouldnt mind paying more for a custom build. I just like thinks 'different', and my way I guess ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
How about a snap type set-up for the windshield top and the doors. Like the convert top of an old British sports car. The hollow doors maybe a little more involved in providing a sturdy anchor point. The windshield could be drilled for the snaps. More work for the end user initially but, I think it should easily outlast the Velcro set. Just throw'n it out there!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about a snap type set-up for the windshield top and the doors. Like the convert top of an old British sports car. The hollow doors maybe a little more involved in providing a sturdy anchor point. The windshield could be drilled for the snaps. More work for the end user initially but, I think it should easily outlast the Velcro set. Just throw'n it out there!
Yes, we can can do this for sure!!! And I do believe the doors would not be a problem. There would be no additional charge, this could just be requested upon ordering. That way people could have a choice.
Thanks again!!!:D

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do believe the website is back up and running!! I am very sorry for the disruption. If anyone has any further issues with the website either sidexsideenclosures.com or yamahaenclosures.com
Please let me know or call (724) 614-7660
I am so sorry, I about had a heart attack when someone told me it was down!!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Working now

1 - 20 of 25 Posts