Viking Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, to start I am new to this. Im a basic mechanic but not very good with the fuel injected machines. I have a 2016 Viking VI "Ranch Edition" 700 EFI. I last drove it maybe two months ago, I attempted to start it today it fired right up but then choked and died. I have changed the Fuel Strainer, drained the tank with new fuel and replaced the plug. It will idle okay with a couple chokes before it dies but while idling if you give it any type of throttle it will choke and die. I dont know where to go from here....HELP!!

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Check the air filter and air intake under the hood. My air filter compartment had water in in and caused the problem you mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
So, to start I am new to this. Im a basic mechanic but not very good with the fuel injected machines. I have a 2016 Viking VI "Ranch Edition" 700 EFI. I last drove it maybe two months ago, I attempted to start it today it fired right up but then choked and died. I have changed the Fuel Strainer, drained the tank with new fuel and replaced the plug. It will idle okay with a couple chokes before it dies but while idling if you give it any type of throttle it will choke and die. I dont know where to go from here....HELP!!
What did you find on this problem ??
I have in the past , seen this type of problem, but in a car, out in the country, turns out, it was mice, stock piling food in the air box, choking it out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mersak87 looks to be a one time poster, he hasn’t been back in 6 months since he posted the question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts