Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Viking custom spare tire carrier and Hushpower silencer demo VIDEO

Here is a short video of my custom spare tire carrier. I also talk about the Flomaster Hushpower silencer.

·
Registered
965 Posts
That is awesome

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sweet

·
Registered
291 Posts
Love the attention to detail! Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys...it actually came out better than I had hoped. I've had a couple people ask how difficult it is to completely remove. In the video, you see me pull the pin that allows me to drop/tilt the spare down. You leave that pin in and there is a pin right in front of it and a pin that holds the trailer hitch in...pull both of those and grab the spare and the whole thing pulls out. I had my wife try it and she could do it. However she did say it was "kinda heavy." :rolleyes:

I can take it completely off, and then put it back on, in less than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like the video, I ordered the 7100 flomaster directly from kmj performance. I just google the, from the eBay link, he sent me a PayPal invoice that I paid by credit card he should have shipped the can today to California where my father is wintering, if it get there by Friday I should be good.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like the video, I ordered the 7100 flomaster directly from kmj performance. I just google the, from the eBay link, he sent me a PayPal invoice that I paid by credit card he should have shipped the can today to California where my father is wintering, if it get there by Friday I should be good.
How big of a truck does your Dad have? I'd like to a few orders in.:D

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah, that one was posted earlier by one of our other members earlier in the thread i think, he was the first to install it, im still waiting for actual drive by Videos of it installed, the idle and rev is great, just need to see the drive by vid, and maybe one of driving in the cab.

Reactions: Deshi

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I have time this weekend, I will try to do a drive by video....might be later in the week.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Cool, you've drove around, what do you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Driving up and down the street, from inside the cab, the exhaust noise is a non-issue. If you are standing on the street, watching it go by, it's actually pretty quiet...pretty much just like the RZR video. I still get some pretty good noise from up between the bed and the back of the seats. So I did the towel thing again where I shoved a ton of towels between the bed and the back of the seats, and also in the holes where the seat belts come through. WOOOOOW! My wife was amazed, we still had to raise our voices a bit, but we were talking and not yelling like before.

I'm going to make a very BOLD prediction. With the Hushpower muffler, and If I can figure out how to put something behind the seats that won't hold water...you are going to be SHOCKED at what a difference all of this makes! I'm thinking a chunk of foam rubber with a water proof cover over it? As it is now, you would not say this machine is any louder than anything else out there!

Quite frankly...this is pretty exciting!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tracking number shows mine in Bloomington CA so it should show tomorrow. I am exited about the review mass. Thank you for all up hard work and diligence on this. Big thumbs up!

PS, sorry techman I have him loaded pretty good all on my own.. We should keep this in mind in the future tho. Order in bulk from the states and try and save shipping. It's the brokerage fees hat can kick our butts getting stuff up here.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tracking number shows mine in Bloomington CA so it should show tomorrow. I am exited about the review mass. Thank you for all up hard work and diligence on this. Big thumbs up!

PS, sorry techman I have him loaded pretty good all on my own.. We should keep this in mind in the future tho. Order in bulk from the states and try and save shipping. It's the brokerage fees hat can kick our butts getting stuff up here.
Like I said, if you were to standing along side the road and my machine went by, you would now think it was very-very quiet. So for the hunters and Folks wanting to make their machines quieter for the neighbors and such...you are done!

As for the sound in the cab, it is better....but I can't emphasize enough what a difference it makes (along with the muffler) if you take towels and fill that void between the back of the seats and the bed, and also between the seats and especially where the holes are for the seat belts. Even those of you that aren't looking at getting a silencer should try this.

For those of you that are not interested in a muffler...you should try the towel thing just so you know. The Viking is not a loud machine...it's just a normal machine that lacks insulation!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts