Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All Viking Enthusiasts,

I just checked out that soft enclosed cab on one of our members links... It is so much more affordable (at least to my modest retirement check) than the hard cab I found.

Anyway, my excitement comes from the awareness that we can remove, paint and re-install our plastics so easily and with little work to prep and refinish.

That metallic grey on the soft cab Viking looks so awesome.

Great job to the painter and person who made the decision and commitment to re-finish one of the first non-factory jobs,

PPete

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah, i love that color on that Viking, imagine, painting your Viking to match your truck...Its not hard at all to remove the plastics to do it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd love to see some pictures of painted Vikings. I never really considered painting the Viking, but I would do it if I found a color scheme that I thought would look really cool.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I hope that @prescott pete posts pictures. It would be great to see exactly what you have done with your Viking.

I would probably get an army green color if I were to paint my Viking.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I hope that @prescott pete posts pictures. It would be great to see exactly what you have done with your Viking.

I would probably get an army green color if I were to paint my Viking.
Army green is what i would go for too. Or even a custom camo theme done with vinyl.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I like the Polaris Orange Madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Viking Colors...

the Vike I was referring to was the "model" wearing the soft cab accessory on the thread posted on our site by the member advertising that soft cab I believe....it' appears to be a dark grey, possibly metallic. another fun one I ran into in Arizona was at ridenow powersports in Chandler AZ. they have several dealer customized units that they put out. for the general issue crowd lovers, there was a can-am done up in M38 style, olive drab with white stencil numbers...real cute - 3/4 scale authentic if you will.. as someone that has has some time logged in a spray booth over the years Iagree.with our memberwho stated how easy it is to pull, prep and get the Wow factor with Viking plastics....easy to be unique...I'm interested in finding out what the 5 piece plastics kit costs....any ideas???

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah, i love that Grey on That Viking!!!

We had to remove the front plastics to install the Power steering, and it wasnt hard at all, The Rear are super simple too.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I forgot the roll cage, so thats Step #1

#2 Would be remove the plastic push pin/scews across the top of dash
#3 Would be remove the Chrome allen bolt from eash side, then theres like 2 screws i think under the plastics right by the headlight bulb cover, theres 2 on each side of Viking, then theres just a few screws you take out, when you remove the hood, Roll cage is the hardest part, it was real fun getting it back on..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts