Viking Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or been around UTV Mountain back seats installed in a Viking or other UTV? I am curious about the quality.

UTV Mountain Accessories

Is there any others out there making a similar product?

I know there is a Viking VI so what's the point...right? But the VI is so long. A seat install like this would keep the extra weight down, keep the wheel base short and still have fun for six riders. I think its a good idea.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I know that someone installed their own back seats. You really need to be careful when you do this. You should provide not only seat belts but extend the roll-cage to provide roll over protection.

It has got to be really HOT back there being right over the engine, sitting in a metal box.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be hot in the summer, but be real nice for winter riding. Maybe some heat shields would need to be look at too.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I know that someone installed their own back seats. You really need to be careful when you do this. You should provide not only seat belts but extend the roll-cage to provide roll over protection.

It has got to be really HOT back there being right over the engine, sitting in a metal box.
Roll over protection for me is key, the though of what could go wrong alone is enough to make me do it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
l looked at the link and looks like a nicely fabricated add on. It all comes down to how its secured to the Viking. Because it is being attached to the bed area, which wasn't designed to carry passengers and the weight of the passengers is clearly behind the rear tire making a rearward rollover on steep terrain more likely. I would be cautious for sure on your intended use. Just saying....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input. Yes I agree a roll over is to be considered, but isnt that the case with all SXS. One has to be a smart SXS operator! Safety is a big concern and I wouldnt put my family in a situation to jeopardize that.

I am looking to move a family of six comfortably with having to drive a 'limo'.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Thanks for all the input. Yes I agree a roll over is to be considered, but isnt that the case with all SXS. One has to be a smart SXS operator! Safety is a big concern and I wouldnt put my family in a situation to jeopardize that.

What kind of terrain are you talking about? Could you pull a haywagon?

·
Registered
854 Posts

i always liked the 6 seats i've seen but of course it's too limo like but if you need it you need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts