Viking Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 2019 viking vi eps ranch edition from the dealer. they installed a 2" high lifter kift kit and added moto mtc 32 x 10-18. it rubbing like crazy taking it back tomorrow. what do you guys recommend to fix it?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Smaller tires. 32" is too big for that lift and chances are that a higher lift may lead to broken axles unless you replace them with heavier aftermarket ones which are costly.

If is is only rubbing on the fender liners you might be able to cut out the places where it rubs, but I wouldn't do it myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you yes that’s what I’ve been reading. I was thinking of telling them to go down 30x10-18.

·
Registered
748 Posts
29" tires with a 5-2 offset wheel is the biggest I'd run with a 2" lift.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I put a 2" lift kit which actually raised it up 3" and went with 28x10x14's all around. I don't hit rocks anymore, have 14" of clearance now. Haven't had any problems with axles yet.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What do you think I could clear with forward a arms and a 2" lift? 32"
Should do I run that setup and 31” Outlaws no rubbing issues.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have SupaerATV 1.5" forward A-arms, 814 shocks, and 28" tires and I still rub from time to time. I find a lot has to do with the tires. Round Mud tires are different than square rock crawling tires.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

2” HighLifter lift kit, stock a-arms, Elka Stage4 shocks
30x10x14 BFG KM3 no rubbing
Cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't understand why mine rubs. I did notice the screws to hold the plastic floor boards down protrude quite a bit from the body. I wonder if my treads are catching on that. But after snapping these photos, and looking close, I can clearly see evidence of tire rub. I just don't understand it. I have 1.5" forward a-arms on my thing and I still rub. WTF!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Fake it till you make it.
I have a similar rub mark when I used to run 30”black waters and 30” Interforce AG tires. Only got the rub with 2” SuperATV lift when driving badly, no rub with the HighLifter from what I can remember. All my rims are a 5+2 offset, most tires I run are 10” wide.
Try I lift kit, you’ll be glad ground clearance is much sought after commodity with the VikingZ. Cheers

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
My 30's rub. Like Iron and Buck said, I bet a combination of the lift kit and 5+2 offset would do the trick.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure you guys don't rub anymore. You're taking 2" of suspension travel out of your ride.

It needs to be understood many of these "lift kits" are really just a shock preload adjustment. Take a look at the shock on a SXS that where the ride height is intended to be adjustable. The top of the shock is threaded and by turning the shock nuts, you can raise or lower the ride height of the SXS.

Notice all the space between each coil. Shocks have to be designed to to do this properly. Imagine if you wrenched those nuts all the way down the shock body for maximum height. The design is such that there is still enough room for the shock to fully compress before the spring fully compresses.

Now lets look at the Viking. Instead of a threaded nut on the shock that you can adjust, you have to put a spacer on the shock assembly. See below.

Unfortunately, the Viking OEM shock is engineered to use much of the travel of the factory spring. When people install these spacers, in reality, they're limiting the amount the shock can travel. So it's no wonder guys running 32" with factor shocks are claiming they get no rub. It all makes sense.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts