Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...new to the site. I posted some questions on this in another thread and thought I would be best to share some info here.

I am in the market for a new Viking, and the machine appears as though it was designed specifically for me...as I will be using it exclusively for hunting. My biggest concern was the fact that, at idle, the dash vibration seemed close to that of a paint shaker. Anyways, I did contact Yamaha and was put in touch with one of the "tech" guys. I was informed that they "were aware of the problem" and were "working on a solution." He wouldn't elaborate further but it did sound promising.

Hope to be a new Owner soon...and thanks for the responses on the other thread!

M-N-T

·
Registered
54 Posts
its all good with everyones input....1st year stuff, no matter what or who - always brings a few challenges. i look forward to Yamaha stepping up and addressing the few but uncharacteristic challeges by 2nd year model introduction. Im sure they will, the competition is too stiff for them not to.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine will still shake the fillings out of my teeth at idle. I don't idle too much, just stick it in gear and go;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It is because it is a single cylinder, even with a counter balance shaft in the engine they vibrate bad at idle. But who sits around at idle anyway?

Mash the gas and go man!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts