Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked a lot questions and got good feedback in return. So this is is my “build” so far. It is nothing crazy but does serve its purpose. My main use is ice fishing, hunting, trails. Starting with the roof, it is homemade from treated lumber. Kind of tricky being the cage has a bend to it. But save lots of money. It’s painted with an oil base paint with Napa undercoating on top. Stood up to side swiping trees and has yet to come off. The heater is a summit heater that will cook you out. On the roof I put 3 snaps and got a moving blanket that has the female snaps on it so I can remove it quickly. It keeps the heat up front when we don’t need the back seats. I believe the light bar is a 50” that fit perfect on the roof. I have the silent rider muffler with an exhaust clamp on it to keep it from sliding down the exhaust pipe. The rear window is a super atv rear window. Tires are 28” mega mayhems. Jbs sheave, purple spring, and 17g weights. Front receiver/plow mount. Kfi stealth winch. I took the rear seats out and put some locking foam squares and a waterproof dog cover behind the seats to cut down on dust and noise. I have a 2” spring spacer lift kit just have not yet installed. And to haul it I got a deal on a carryover h&h trailer with extra height and door width and works perfect to keep road salt off in the winter. Also upgrade the fuel pump relay with a red top snowmobile one being the stock one left me stranded on the ice and had to walk back to shore (1 hour walk). That’s it for now. Plan on adding a second battery and making a topper for fishing and hunting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can look the kit up but if you go to summit racing it’s one of their kits. I cut out the face plate and put some wire over it to get full heat when it’s -40. Bleed the system and it will cook you out! There are a few threads on here about summit heaters. For the price you can’t beat it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pulled the wet clutch out the other night to put slugs in. No bluing in the drum and the pads still looked fine. With the extreme sheave, purple spring and now slugs. Woke this vi up!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GPS and radio mounted. Up in the corner is actually easy and comfortable to look at. Now I just need to make a RAM mount for my Bluetooth speaker.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Water temp gauge installed tonight. Curious to see how long the internal battery will last with -40 degree winters. All in all. It is an easy install to get a temp reading.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
GPS and radio mounted. Up in the corner is actually easy and comfortable to look at. Now I just need to make a RAM mount for my Bluetooth speaker.
All great work! Is that a headliner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All great work! Is that a headliner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks! Yeah it is indoor/outdoor carpet I glued and stapled to the roof. Helps some with noise, and with a wooden roof it’s easy to mount things to it!

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Great build, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! When the parts come in I will be installing a dual battery set up along with a 6 push butting panel

1 - 20 of 33 Posts