Viking Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I ordered the same Soundproofing stuff MnT used, should be here Friday, I'll also be ordering the Hushpower silencer soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
DIY Sound Proof

This is what I did. It made a huge difference in cab noise. A little more to do when servicing, but well worth the extra minutes. 1/2" stall mat, zip ties, 1- 1/2" bolts and pipe insulation.
How would a car or truck sound when driving, with no firewall and holes under the seat? Hello ! This is somewhere around my 10 th. Yamaha. They build strong and reliable machines, but they sometimes miss the bus. This mod will take care of most of the cab noise. I did cut mat to cover the floor and bed. I have my Viking 3 weeks and have 97 miles on it. I did this at 78 miles. I can now talk to myself. It is GREAT!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
If you go to Mass-n-Trash profile, you can go to his stats, and look for threads started by him, and see all the threads he started about making his Viking quiet, including a Video.

Im using the same stuff he did, and it turned out great, i also have the Yamaha kit aswell, and the Silent Rider silencer.

Reactions: bushwacker

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is this just noise yall are stopping or vibration...have a 17 that is noisy but feels like a driveline vibration even if I hold the brake and rev it up on gear...same when I'm moving

·
Super Moderator
4,132 Posts
Just noise I think. They all vibrate a certain amount, especially if you don't have the top engine mount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has the upper mount but gosh it makes it so you have to yell at low speeds...not exhaust noise....dont feel it anywhere in particular...rode in a 2020..has a touch of the same but no where near as bad

61 - 70 of 70 Posts