Viking Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Kolpin rear panel on order now. Not sure when I'll get it with the Christmas Holiday, but i'll let you know about noise as soon as it gets here.
Looking very foward to your update on it. I contacted a seller on ebay selling the Yamaha roll up rear windshield, and they said you had to remove the roof, install the windshield, then put the roof back on, doesnt sound right to me..but i dunno. If the Kolphin covers the same area as the Yamaha, Id rather the Kolphin.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looking very foward to your update on it. I contacted a seller on ebay selling the Yamaha roll up rear windshield, and they said you had to remove the roof, install the windshield, then put the roof back on, doesnt sound right to me..but i dunno. If the Kolphin covers the same area as the Yamaha, Id rather the Kolphin.
Your not the only one looking forward to it!!!! Let you know as soon as I have it.:D

Reactions: Teryx2k16

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Hopefully doesn't take to long to get!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just got word from my dealer, it will be next Friday before rear panel gets here. They are just now being shipped to warehouses from Kolpin, but was told the very first to arrive at warehouse is mine. Good news it's paid for and all I have to do is mount it up when it arrives. More on this to come....

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I jsut got off the phone with my dealer, and they had the Yamaha rear windshield in stock, and gave me a good price on it, so i got it, picking it up later today.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The wife bought me a kolpin stealth exhaust system for the buggy for christmas....anybody try one of these yet ....? Pics?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Honestly, i dont know if its worth installing, ive seen many reviews, and talked to a guy selling his Viking on eBay, that had the Kolphin exhaust on it, he said it made it alot quieter at idle, but was still LOUD while driving around, but if you do get it installed, id love to hear your review on it, cause it was something i was very interested in really untill i seen a video on youtube where they did a DB test on a Grilzzly 700 with stock setup, then with the Kolphin installed, went from like 99db at idle to 85db with the Kolphin, not really 50 percent reduction...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think the noise is not at all related to the exhaust, but is instead engine and intake noise. If a person could insulate themselves from the engine compartment (ex. cab or solid sound proofing barrier behind seats) it would be much quieter.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Honestly, i dont know if its worth installing, ive seen many reviews, and talked to a guy selling his Viking on eBay, that had the Kolphin exhaust on it, he said it made it alot quieter at idle, but was still LOUD while driving around, but if you do get it installed, id love to hear your review on it, cause it was something i was very interested in really untill i seen a video on youtube where they did a DB test on a Grilzzly 700 with stock setup, then with the Kolphin installed, went from like 99db at idle to 85db with the Kolphin, not really 50 percent reduction...
Ya i watched that video and had a laugh as well...i think im sendind it back and getting a rear window...maybe the realtree one

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Ya i watched that video and had a laugh as well...i think im sendind it back and getting a rear window...maybe the realtree one
Great idea IMO. I'll be installing the rear window tomorrow, got it for 97 and some change, which wasn't bad at all i thought, considering there 109 most places online. so when he said $89+tax, i said, I'll take it!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kolpin rear windshield panel

That is a good price on the factory one. Kolpin's retail price is about $215.00 + tax. I ordered mine and paid $180.00 + tax. I hope it is as nice as I think it is going to be.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Should be, i just didnt want to spend that much at the moment, Hopefully we are both happy!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree. High db exhaust note for OEM. Startled me and mine with the hammer down.

maybe not a bad thing?!(SoCaltalk)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Who's going first?

Dear ATV/UTV rider,

The Silent Rider® is a highly effective exhaust silencer for ATV’s and UTV’s. It quiets most 4-stroke gas powered ATV’s and UTV’s up to 60% without losing power and performance. Each silencer has been designed specifically for each ATV make and model.

Our records show you have inquired about a silencer for your ATV.

We have been working to produce a silencer specifically for Yamaha Viking models. We are pleased to announce the completion of our part number BT-34A!

The silencer retails for $199.95 per unit plus $15.95 shipping within the U.S.

Please give us a call at 866-EXHAUST to place your order.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!

Nikki Peoples, Sales and Customer Service
Quad Fab, Inc.
~maker of The Silent Rider®
2102 N. Elm Street, Suite J
Greensboro, NC 27408

(336)285-6934 (office)
(866)207-7172 (fax)
[email protected]

·
Registered
139 Posts
The silencer for the muffler would be great, but I still feel the vast majority of the noise people are talking about on this site are related to motor noise in the cab. I think the exhaust could be absolutley silent and you would still have a lot of engine noise in the cab. I thought mine was a bit loud, but still quieter than my buddies 800 Ranger and about the same as another buddies John Deere Gater 825i. The Honda was a bit quieter, but had too many shortcomings compared to the yamaha (no hi-lo, no leg room, and slow).

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I got that some email from Silent Rider exhaust yesterday or day before. I know from reviews and videos ive seen on youtube, they are pretty much a waste of money, like for instance, they say like a 50percent reduction in sound, well, i seen a video online, where they had a new 700 Grizzly, did a DB test with stock exhaust, and then with the stealth exhaust, there test show 99DB at ilde, and with the silencer, it only went down to 86..

I talked to a guy on eBay selling his Viking with the Kolphin Stealth exhaust, and he said it was still loud, it said at idle it was quieter, but driving around it was still LOUD.

Ive got to where i wear earplugs when i ride, and for me, it just makes the ride some much more enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
The silencer for the muffler would be great, but I still feel the vast majority of the noise people are talking about on this site are related to motor noise in the cab. I think the exhaust could be absolutley silent and you would still have a lot of engine noise in the cab. I thought mine was a bit loud, but still quieter than my buddies 800 Ranger and about the same as another buddies John Deere Gater 825i. The Honda was a bit quieter, but had too many shortcomings compared to the yamaha (no hi-lo, no leg room, and slow).
Agreed, i believe its just the overall engine noise aswell.

·
Registered
139 Posts
2K14,

I still have not received my Kolpin rear panel. They did not have them at the warehouse, and now my "Mom n Pop" used ATV store here in town has had a death in the family and won't be back open until next tuesday. Frustrating, as it has been over three weeks now since I paid for it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it at this point, but I am really looking forward to seeing how much noise it helps eliminate being the hard plastic. As soon as it is here, it will be installed and I will give a review.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts