Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my viking for a ride down the road finally and it seems like it is extremely loud in the cab my buddy said it sounded normal when he was on the porch watching me go down the road but it....now I do have the middle seat out as I was working on the snorkels and stuff so I haven't put the middle seats back in and I also have a ticking like a rattle coming from somewhere on drivers side under eat towards motor kinda and can't for the life of me pin point it please help guys this thing is loud

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
It is loud for sure, i cant talk to my dad when we ride together, unless i lean way over and hollar at him. Even when riding by myself, i dontl ike the Loudness all that much, just bugs my ears i guess, i dunno. The other day i was out doing some yard work, and had some ear plugs in, and went riding around in the Viking with the plugs in, and it sure made it alot nicer of a ride.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also got a killer squeak and did you liner help muffle the sound some or no

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Only squaks are the brakes, the liner seemed to help a little

·
Administrator
1,787 Posts
Check the rear roof mount clamps. Mine dont fit around the bar tightly, and would rattle - until I fixed them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well found the rattle dang door latch needed a adjustment so now that's much better but man this thing still is loud scared I ain't gonna like a stereo now gonna have to blast it just to hear it over motor lol

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That would be nice if I had someone to install it

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Todd this is Brandon I have your sheave lol now you know me on the forums lol and 2k it is super easy to install hardest part is getting the sheave clean....lil hint buy like 5 cans of brake cleaner and go crazy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Well found the rattle dang door latch needed a adjustment so now that's much better but man this thing still is loud scared I ain't gonna like a stereo now gonna have to blast it just to hear it over motor lol

Ive got the Yamaha/SSV Works Overhead stereo, if im driving around slow, can hear it fine, but at high speeds, you'd have to crank it up loud, it was the same way with my stereo setup on my Ranger 500, and it wasnt as loud as the Viking.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wish I had Virgin ears again. Mine sounded too quite thus the main cause for my muffler mod. Too many years around loud ass Mack trucks

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I was browseing Viking stuff on eBay today, and came across a real nice Viking for sale, with only 20hrs on it, its camo, had real nice tires/wheels on it, full windshield, brush guards Kolphin stealth exhaust, etc. I emailed the seller, wanting to know about there exhaust, what brand, and why he was selling it so quickly. He replied, and said it was Kolphin stealth exhaust 2.0. Said it was alot quieter at idle, but still just as loud driving around. Anyways, he said, he was selling it was because he hated the Vibration at idle, and how annoyingly LOUD it was. He said he was going back to a John Deere Gator, he had one he traded in on the Viking, and sorely regretted it.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
We do a ton of cold weather hunting and it's common to drive to various vantage points so we can glass. However, glassing with the vibration is a deal breaker for us. Would be installing a cab heater and that would not work too good with the engine off. I'm very fortunate to have a wife and daughter that love to hunt...but being cold takes the fun out of it for them.
Have talked to 2 different local dealers...and both have indicated that the vibration issue had probably cost them sales. LOVE the machine, but going to wait for a possible fix...or to see how much vibration goes away after break-in? Been following this forum for some time now and have learned a TON, and pretty much have all my accessories picked out. Hunting season is a long ways out, so I'm going to wait to see how it goes.

On the fence lurking, with fingers and toes crossed, for now.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
yeah, the Vibration, gets better with time, but it stil does it some, doesnt bother me a bit anymore. I can see where it would make people not get it, and the loudness would be the same. People dont really know how it does, and sounds, until you already got it, and your out in the open road/trails.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Would you say the noise is mostly from the exhaust...or engine drive train? I saw that one on ebay as well, and he has a Kolpin exhaust on it. Most of my use will be at pretty slow speeds.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah, he said it was alot quieter at idle with the kolphin, but at speeds it was still loud, or as he put it, LOUD.

Its a great looking machine he's selling, i wouldnt sell it, id just put in some ear plugs and RIDE!!! The vibration part, just takes some time, and it gets barly noticable.

I that most of the noise is just mainly the overall engine/exhaust i guess, its just a loud tone to it, but its not real bad. Lets put it this way, i wouldnt ever hesitate to recommend this machine to anyone. Ive always had Yamaha atvs, they never let me down, tried 1 new Polaris, it was a lemon...

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I see some have put bed liners and mats in...and have indicated that it did seem to help a little. I wonder if anyone has put the Kolpin rear window in yet? With the motor mounted in the rear....it may help to keep the noise down?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I see some have put bed liners and mats in...and have indicated that it did seem to help a little. I wonder if anyone has put the Kolpin rear window in yet? With the motor mounted in the rear....it may help to keep the noise down?
Kolpin rear panel on order now. Not sure when I'll get it with the Christmas Holiday, but i'll let you know about noise as soon as it gets here.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts